Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.252.201
the1lemming

I can not get on the internet.....Please help

I installed the AirVPN software in preparation of installing the new airVPN Windows Installer.  I have Windows 10 on my computer and it is connected to my VirginMedia Broadband Router via an ethernet cable.  The computer does NOT have a WiFi card.

At the moment I am using my Linux Mint laptop wifi to connect to the router so at least I have something working.

I signed out completely from the software on my Windows computer and then installed the new software.

I do not get any icons to click on to set anything up.  In the bottom right corner of my computer screen I have a warning icon telling me that I have no internet access.

When I right click the icon and click the Troubleshoot I get the message

"Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues.

Restart your modem, bla bla bla"

When I right click on the Network icon and select the Network sharing Centre I get the message No Internet Access.

When I go into the C drive and go to the Program Files I then find a folder called "AirVPN".  In there I can see an icon called "CLI"  if I click on that, a window pops up and disappears within the blink of an eye and nothing else happens.

I have had similar problems in the past when trying to remove the VPN software and the only way I found to solve the problem was to wipe my computer clean and do a fresh install.  The problem would then be, if I wanted to use airVPN again then I would have to install the software.  this means that I am back to square one.

Could somebody please walk me through getting back onto the internet with my desktop computer that does not involve wiping the hard drive clean?

I would be grateful for any help

EDIT

I have somehow managed to find the correct icon that starts the airVPN software.  I am using version 2.10.3

However I would still like to know how to get internet access once again if I ever removed the airVPN software.

Cheers

Hello!

I installed the AirVPN software in preparation of installing the new airVPN Windows Installer.

What? You only need to download 1 thing: the 64 or 32-bit .exe for Windows 10. I'm confused by what you mean ^^.

You should try resetting your DNS if you haven't, by setting it to "obtain automatically". Otherwise if Eddie is actually running and you can bring it up, then do paste its logs here . If 2.10.3 really isn't working for you, then I suggest trying out the Experimental version. Check my signature for that if need be.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.