Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.173.226
incredible88

Eddie - Routing Twitch.tv outside of tunnel

​Having some trouble with the routing feature in Eddie, I've managed to route a couple of other services outside my tunnel by adding the ip ranges, but i can't seem to get it working with twitch.tv.

​I got the ips from https://ipinfo.io/AS46489 and added them to my Routes in Eddie but I can't get a stream working on the site or a 3rd party client. Was curious if anyone else has had any success with this particular service.

​Here's a screen of the error my client is giving me

oixgzq.png

(Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x03685D70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions',)))

​Am I better off just running twitch streams inside the tunnel or might there be a way to solve this?

Hello!

I imagine a site like Twitch must have many addresses. So perhaps it's easier if you run a Linux distro in a VM. Then you'll have the ability to use either the host or the guest OS as the non-VPN way in .

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I think it might be an issue with Eddie since i've been having problems with much smaller ip ranges too, possibly isolated to Windows. I made a new thread in the Eddie forum trying to explain it, though it's waiting for mod approval since this account is still new.

You like Faceit so probably EU. I am pretty sure the ips in your list are not all but that would not explain the network issue you are getting. Worse case scenario if it was routes would be to not go outside the vpn.

I see you use twitch livestreamer gui and you want to watch over that? Does normal twitch work?

​Yeah it was livestreamer twitch gui, though I just switched to streamlink twitch gui since livestreamer is no longer maintained. Both the twitch site and the streamlink client were having issues with the routes added to Eddie on Windows. I'm going to test this a bit on Linux too since I think my routing issue is a Windows problem, see my newer thread in the Eddie forum.