Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.117.109
pureswiz

AirVpn app "killed" connections, re-setup router

Hello guys,

ive 2 times tested your service (trial), and result is absolutely great service, with unbelievable speeds.

Dont have any massive problems, using TAP driver version 9.0.0.9...

But :-) ive got little problem,

first time what ive used your service, need connect & disconnect 2 times, cause didnt get full speeds, after then everything is ok (of course it could be problem on the way from server to me, central EU).

second time, ive got really interest problem ... using utorrent 2.2.1 (i think, very stable version) ... connecting dowloading starting normal (no problems, full speeds of my link) but maybe after 2 mins, speed goes down 0kB/s ... and very important think is that icon of network was RED ... so i have reboot router ... its happend first time, second time i have restarted my computer & re-setup router (D-Link, line is DSL...)

Do you have any experience why (i think your app) "killed" totally network ? ... Cause if i have disconnect from VPN, to normal mode, my network was still red and need to reconfigure my router again.

Anywayz after this little issue everything was working fine, no problems, but im really curious how could app "killed" my router configuration, that i cant use net after disconnecting from your vpn client ... i didnt do any experiments with dns firewall port forwarding ... just install app & using it ..

pureswiz

ps: maybe yea, i could safe log ... hope if its happend again

ps2: sorry for not proper english

Hello!

If you're torrenting you need to make sure that your firewall isn't blocking anything and that you've configured port-forwarding. Lastly, presuming you're using the Stable client version of Eddie, remember to shut it down correctly, aka "kill with grace". Not, for instance, just turning off your PC. But instead, using Eddies menues to quit it. This way you can avoid DNS issues and other issues, which might make it appear as if the VPN killed your connection, as you can't browse the web. If that doesn't work, you can either simply reset IPv4 & DNS connections - I'm assuming you use Windows - or try the latest Experimental version of Eddie. Regardless however, feel free to check the guide in my signature for lots of useful information. Next time, do indeed try to attach a log as well, as it can help a lot.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.