Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.15.15
Smurgl

Network Lock with AVG

I had a subscription to AirVPN recently and it seemed very good, apart from a seeming 2MB/sec limit.

I left it to expire and later tried again, but the network lock is no longer working. Previously, it would work as intended - the software was running with the network lock enabled and, if I wasn't connecting to the VPN, then I could not access the internet.

Following my re-subscription, the network lock no longer works. It seems it works with the windows firewall and I wonder if my AVG firewall is preventing it from working. Having said that, I had AVG before and haven't been playing with any settings.

What can I do to get this to work or reset it back to the original?

Also, the 2MB/sec limit is with torrents. I've tried connecting with different ports and types but I can still never get above 2MB. My record download speed (from Steam) was 18.9MB/s average and a 19.5MB/s so my connection can definitely handle it. I expect the encryption to have an impact, but that much?

Thanks in advance.

So simple. That fixed the network lock straight away.

I'll try again later about the max 2MB/sec and make a new post if needed.

Thanks

Hello!

Which OS are you running?

Do remember to perform port-forwarding when you torrent, as this can have a significant impact. Also remember to change some of your Steam download settings; you can make it prioritise servers close to your location for instance. Also, AVG could be messing with Network Lock, as NL in the current stable version, uses Windows Firewall. Thus as zhang pointed to, you should try the latest Experimental client, as it doesn't rely on Windows Firewall in the aforementioned manner and thus functions while anti-virus and/or firewall programs are running, potentially.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.