Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.156.140

Is it possible to configure ddwrt to use all of the servers from a continent? If so what is the format to add the addresses to the Server IP/Name?

So far working fine through a single server.

Thanks in advance.

Yes Thank You but,

I have that information and was able to get the ip addresses. The part I don't understand is how to input all of those ip addresses into ddwrt Server IP/Name.

If I understand correctly then the answer is yes? You can input those addresses into ddwrt Server IP/Name?

If so the router then decides which vpn route to keep active for optimum throughput?

Apologies if these are noob questions. I have to jump in somewhere.

Thanks for your response.

Yes Thank You but,

I have that information and was able to get the ip addresses. The part I don't understand is how to input all of those ip addresses into ddwrt Server IP/Name.

If I understand correctly then the answer is yes? You can input those addresses into ddwrt Server IP/Name?

If so the router then decides which vpn route to keep active for optimum throughput?

Apologies if these are noob questions. I have to jump in somewhere.

Thanks for your response.

I do not know much of ddwrt but technically speaking due to it being router software I can with confidence say it won't query the different IPs for latency tests, your best bet would be to add remote-random directive to your configuration file with all the IPs you wanna use else it'll likely pick from the top and go down the list if they won't connect.

Air does provide one address that represents all of a continent.  no need to do the remote-random far as I know.

europe.vpn.airdns.org is 213.152.161.29

america.vpn.airdns.org is 184.75.223.194

asia.vpn.airdns.org is 103.254.153.68

edit: resolving these domains gives the best individual server at the time of the lookup.  this is still useful if DNS resolution is possible as your openvpn client connects.

Air does provide one address that represents all of a continent.  no need to do the remote-random far as I know.

xy.vpn.airdns.org points to the current best server of area xy. You will see that 213.152.161.29 is one of the NL servers, being the best at the time you ran dig or nslookup.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

xy.vpn.airdns.org points to the current best server of area xy. You will see that 213.152.161.29 is one of the NL servers, being the best at the time you ran dig or nslookup.

well that's too bad.  I didn't cross reference with server entry IPs, my mistake.  Using the domain name is still helpful so long as DNS resolution is possible.

Thanks giganerd,

That seems logical, how can 1 ip represent the best server route at any given time. (that's not a question, that is me wrapping my head around this)

So for those that choose to go through airvpn.org tunnel through their router we should perhaps choose a good server connection and maybe create some simple procedures to change that ip when and if we choose?

One more question for clarity, when we resolve the ip addresses for a country, continent, etc are they in order of latency? Best to worst?

Thanks for your helpful input.

Thanks giganerd,

That seems logical, how can 1 ip represent the best server route at any given time. (that's not a question, that is me wrapping my head around this)

So for those that choose to go through airvpn.org tunnel through their router we should perhaps choose a good server connection and maybe create some simple procedures to change that ip when and if we choose?

One more question for clarity, when we resolve the ip addresses for a country, continent, etc are they in order of latency? Best to worst?

Thanks for your helpful input.

1) it'll never know the best "route".  It just gives you the best server at the time based on load.

2) to change servers all you have to do is change the remote server IP address and save the settings.  at least that's the way it is with asus routers.  so no procedure needed.