Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.133.228
DrQwe

AirVPN while traveling in China

I've used AirVPN for years and will soon be making my first business trip to China. Coworkers have warned me about the firewall and suggested some VPN providers that do well to get through it. None of them have mentioned Air, has anyone here had any problems using it in China, specifically Beijing?

Hello!

Air works in China. At least Shanghai, which is one of the "greats" along with Beijing. Simply make sure you use SSL, in the protocol area. The speeds will probably be slow however.

You could get obfsproxy and/or Tor installed on your machine too, in advance.

It's true the Great firewall does block a ton of things. However it's not impossible to get through by any means .

Air is a small provider and perhaps its veneer of techyness scares many people away and thus you don't hear it mentioned as much; yet tech-wise, Air is still superb. Air doesn't have a strong Asian presence I'd say, but it's still useable.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.