Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.34.221
Soupcan Sam Hootkins

Check location before making online purchases.

Hey, all

Just wanted to throw out the top to make sure to check your location before making online purchases so that you are in the same country of your actual physical location. The reason is because of the different currencies between countries, which can cause pricing to show up weird, and possibly cost you lost of money.

I have been trying to hunt for a new laptop, and recently configured one on Lenovo.com that came out to over $6,000 (seemed to me as though it were in U.S. currency). I realized I was connected to a Canadian server, and so I switched back to a U.S. server. Rechecked the price, and it changed from over $6,000 to around $2,000 for the same configuration. 

Perhaps that during purchase, it would have converted currencies. Maybe not. I'm not sure. The point is just to be aware of this because it can really throw things off when making purchases.

Hello !

​It's nice of you to try to warn us, so thank you, on behalf of all those who evaded Canadian extortion, lol

​I bet the Canadian prices would've been "cheap" in the eyes of an Australian, haha.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Good point. One can easily forget about still being connected to the VPN. PayPal also can get quite edgy when you try to access your account from a different location.

It did happen to me some time ago, and they instantly locked my account. I had to undergo the unlocking procedure with my mobile phone, which was really annoying to me.

Good point. One can easily forget about still being connected to the VPN. PayPal also can get quite edgy when you try to access your account from a different location.

It did happen to me some time ago, and they instantly locked my account. I had to undergo the unlocking procedure with my mobile phone, which was really annoying to me.

On the other hand, if PP wasn't annoying, I'd start to question if it was running as intended, #QoS

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.