Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.246.193
HarryP

kernal panic Mac OS X - new user

Hello,

I'm on a three day trial. During install configuration of Eddie I experienced a kernel panic and the computer shut down. I woke up this morning to computer powered down due to another kernel panic (AirVPN was running). I filed a support ticket for the first time and response was that software can't cause kernel panics. I don't believe that's correct. However, I'd really like to use AirVPN, so hoping anyone here can help me diagnose this issue or share their experiences on OS X.

I've attached the panic report. Thanks for any help!

Computer kernel panic.pdf

This looks like the kext caused the panic was com.apple.driver.AppleXsanScheme.

Are you using any USB storage/SD cards on your machine? This might be the cause.

In any case this is not related to the Air client, this is highly unlikely that a user-space process

will cause a kernel panic on *nix.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hello !

Welcome to AirVPN. It's a shame you've experienced these issues.

Since this kernel panic could point to other things being wrong with your machine, perhaps you should try various troubleshooting tests,

in order to rule out certain things like the hardware, if possible. Provided you follow the various troubleshooting steps and you still

experience problems, then you will perhaps at the very least still be left with a more clean computer in the end. So it's a win-win . Of course, if you have other questions, suggestions or

issues, you should feel free to post them here and/or PM me if you'd like; this is a quality VPN and a few kernel panics shouldn't stand in your way of experiencing that .

I recommend that if those troubleshooting steps don't work out of for you, that you consider asking on the Apple Forums, as

I think it's quite limited what we can really do for you, since we're all about AirVPN software and not MacOS software .

You already made an excellent opening post as well, by providing all the necessary information in a nice way. So don't give up! Just because you're running El Capitan, you can still be the Boss

When you've then solved the issue at hand, you're most welcome to check out the guide that I linked to in my signature, in order to really get started with AirVPN in a good way (since it can be

confusing for new people).

Take care ^^

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

As a Mac user I can say that the problem mentioned by Zhang888 is problem that occurs on Macs when you have a hard drive plugged in. There is no remedy for it, it just occurs now and again. Keep testing AirVPN with no hard drives plugged into your computer and see if this keeps occurring. 

Thanks for the suggestions and the welcome!

I haven't had a chance to diagnose as I'm on holiday, but I've tried AirVPN on another Mac with no issues so far. I do have an external WD My Passport drive plugged into the machine via USB and some Logitech dongles for video game controllers and Harmony hub. Planning to upgrade the memory soon and who knows it could be faulty memory too.

Do a full system sweep with CCleaner and such while you're at it

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.