Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.244.201
mazeman23

No update for client on windows for over 10 months now ?!

Don´t you think your client needs here and there some updates...in august it will be over an year without an update at all

If it ain't broke why fix it?. Mine has worked perfectly for well over a year now. Unless there is a needed fix then I think the AirVPN staff know what they are doing. How may other programs outside the security sector which have regular updates/changes have left you feeling like "why did they do that, v2***** worked perfectly and now it's all gone to pot?."

Hard to please different types of users. My MotoG mobile with Android and a vast number of preinstalled Google apps does 100s of Mbs of updates every month but this must please users and Google or they would not do it. Ditto Windows 7, but for operating system stuff which is rather critical.

But for network or system admins in commercial organisations with many users, updates can be quite a procedure and sometimes disruptive, so keeping them infrequent and only as necessary is better.

Presumably, if there is an update to the underlying openvpn or os drivers for a significant reason, we do get some sort of notification via the eddie gui. I cannot see a "Check for update" function.

I'm on Linux and I'm having heaps of trouble and would therefore second the need for an estimate on a new version / update.

Best regards

Jeff

Hello,

we recognize the importance of keeping Eddie in active development to improve it constantly and address any problem that can arise with new systems version, for example the cited incompatibility problems with Mono 4.x, and fix any previously undetected bug.

We're glad to inform you that new Eddie releases are currently under internal alpha testing. We will keep you posted.

Kind regards

I hope the new Windows client fixes the DNS setting bug that's been around for awhile. When running on a PC with multiple network cards, the client doesn't always set both cards back to DHCP for the DNS settings when disconnecting/exiting. I had brought up this issue with AirVPN support months ago, and they acknowledged the bug, but couldn't say when it would be fixed.

For now, I've rolled back to an earlier Eddie version which doesn't have this issue. However, I do have to manually configure the TCP send/receive buffers, which is mildly annoying.

I also wonder if they'll be going back to the older TAP driver since the new one has caused many problems for many people, including me.

I see a new release on the airvpn website, version 2.11 but can find little information on it.  In fact under Enter --> OS X it is currently the default according to the Changelog (see below).  But when I download it, I see it is described as version 2.8 (under Get Info) and looks to be the same size as the one from last summer (2.10, size 24,563,750 bytes).  Hmmm.

Default and Experimental Changelog:

Version 2.11 (Thu, 14 Jul 2016 22:53:26 +0000)
  • [change] General UI improvements
  • [change] Rewritten OpenVPN directives management and logic.
  • [new] Windows - Windows Filtering Platform support. Including new method for IPv6 block, DNS lock, network lock.
  • [new] Windows - Specific option for IPv6 lock at OS level, because it's not mandatory with new WFP IPv6 lock method.
  • [new] Windows - Specific option for DNS interfaces lock, because it's not mandatory with new WFP DNS lock method.
  • [change] Windows - Application Manifest update (detection of Windows 10)
  • [change] New Support Report
  • [change] Windows / OS X - Enhanced DNS handling logs that now show changes.
  • [bugfix] Custom "executables.*" path previously ignored if executable file existed in the program folder.
  • [bugfix] Windows - Failure to restore original system DNS settings under peculiar circumstances
  • [bugfix] Linux - libgdiplus-devel added as RPM requisite. Previously they were preinstalled, from Fedora 23 and above they are not.
  • [change] rcvbuf & sndbuf, now set to 256k under Windows, and to OpenVPN default on other OS.
  • [new] Windows - DPI-Aware layout
  • [new] Windows - Single Instance checking option, true by default
  • [new] Multicast rule if "allow private" is active
  • [new] Simple Service Discovery Protocol rule if "allow private" is active
  • [new] Service Location Protocol rule if "allow private" is active
  • [new] Dump OVPN as log in case of "Options error"
  • [new] Protocols grid and new protocols/ports
  • [change] Tor options moved from protocol to proxy area
  • [change] Automatic setting for rcvbuf and sndbuf
  • [bugfix] Doesn't stall with some OVPN custom directives
  • [change] A lot of minor improvements or internal improvements.
  • [change] OpenVPN / stunnel bundle updated, with OpenSSL 1.0.2h
  •  

I see a similar thing for windows. The changelog shows up with v2.11 like yours, but it links to v2.10. Hopefully they fix that soon.

On a good note though, the line "[bugfix] Windows - Failure to restore original system DNS settings under peculiar circumstances" sounds like it should fix the issue I was having.

I don't see anything about the TAP driver, but I'm still hoping they rolled back to the previous one.

Do you guys even read the forums? No offense, but still.

This software has passed successfully internal alpha testing weeks ago, and finally passed internal beta testing now. It is ready for public beta testing and we consider it a Release Candidate of the 2.11 stable version. Anyway, remember that it's still a beta version, so if you don't feel adventurous you might like to stay with 2.10.3 (stable).

To download Eddie 2.11beta please select "Other versions" > "Experimental" from the download page.

Announcements subforum. Second paragraph.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

This software has passed successfully internal alpha testing weeks ago, and finally passed internal beta testing now. It is ready for public beta testing and we consider it a Release Candidate of the 2.11 stable version. Anyway, remember that it's still a beta version, so if you don't feel adventurous you might like to stay with 2.10.3 (stable).

To download Eddie 2.11beta please select "Other versions" > "Experimental" from the download page.

AirVPN Post: Posted Today, 04:48 PM

BeefJerky Post: Posted Today, 11:41 AM

Do you even read the forums giganerd? No offense, but still.

Ooh, shut up. :DD Am I supposed to always look at the time? -.-

Thanks, and sorry, everyone.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Ooh, shut up. :DD Am I supposed to always look at the time? -.-

Thanks, and sorry, everyone.

Haha   Mistakes happen