Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.214.215

I have "activate network lock on startup" enabled.

However, I haven't restarted since I enabled it, so does that mean it's not on?

I asked google what my IP was while AirVPN was switching to a new server, and it returned my actual IP. I thought network lock prevented leaks? 

Please provide your logs since the startup and up the the point you are able to reproduce this issue.

This does look a little unlikely, unless the client was not shut down properly before the Network Lock took place.

Also, note that Google is not a reliable way to check your leaks, please use https://ipleak.net that does it in realtime.

Google's services might know your old location based on various tracking mechanisms they are employing over their eco-system.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

This does look a little unlikely, unless the client was not shut down properly before the Network Lock took place.

Thanks for the reply! However, I think I figured out the problem!

I was trying to enable the network lock via settings:

tuP2aSe.png

And from what I can see, that doesn't actually enable it immediately.

I needed to sign out and enable it. I think there should be a message that pops up here, informing you that you'll need to actually enable it from the login panel, with instructions to do so!

After doing this, however, I haven't had any further issues!

And from what I can see, that doesn't actually enable it immediately.

Hello,

that's correct, "Enable Network Lock at startup" enables Network Lock at software startup, not immediately and not at the start of a VPN connection. If the description is ambiguous, we could change it into "Enable Network Lock at software startup", to clearly differentiate it from "VPN connection startup".

Anyway we don't think that "at startup" can be easily confused with "immediately".

I needed to sign out and enable it. I think there should be a message that pops up here, informing you that you'll need to actually enable it from the login panel, with instructions to do so!

You have a huge button in the middle of the main window, frankly we don't see it as a problem.

Kind regards

You have a huge button in the middle of the main window, frankly we don't see it as a problem.

There's no huge button if you're already connected to a server. In order to enable the feature that prevents your IP from leaking, you have to do something that causes your IP to leak (disconnect). Do you see my conundrum?

Maybe the option could be persistent?

There's no huge button if you're already connected to a server. In order to enable the feature that prevents your IP from leaking, you have to do something that causes your IP to leak (disconnect). Do you see my conundrum? :p

No conundrum here. If you have already connected to a server without Network Lock it means that you had previously disabled "Network Lock at startup" AND you decided to NOT click the button before connecting to a VPN server.

Maybe the option could be persistent?

The option is already persistent. The Network Lock in itself is not, and for very good reasons, persistent: previous system firewall rules will be restored either when Network Lock is explicitly disabled or when the software is properly shut down.

Thread locked, it is based on nothing and the presumed problem is imaginary.

Kind regards