Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.97.189
Sign in to follow this  
flat4

Kaus withdrawal

Okay, this makes me very unhappy. It seems every server that works well for me gets withdrawn. Another Texas server has long been requested, but hasn't happened. And then a semi-close server that worked well for me (Kaus) is being withdrawn. I'm seriously considering switching to another VPN at the end of my subscription at this point. The lack of a good server in the southern US is frustrating, especially when they keep getting withdrawn.

Okay, this makes me very unhappy. It seems every server that works well for me gets withdrawn. Another Texas server has long been requested, but hasn't happened. And then a semi-close server that worked well for me (Kaus) is being withdrawn. I'm seriously considering switching to another VPN at the end of my subscription at this point. The lack of a good server in the southern US is frustrating, especially when they keep getting withdrawn.

If you actually read it, they are doing it because the Southern US isn't providing a good connection maybe ask your government to fix their end before asking the VPN who is using your governments network to provide the server.

If you actually read it, they are doing it because the Southern US isn't providing a good connection maybe ask your government to fix their end before asking the VPN who is using your governments network to provide the server.

it has nothing to do with location but everything to do with a datacenter who doesn't keep their word.  Zosma was also mentioned and that's in New York!

Disappointing news.

Kaus was just recently finally stable for me, though its public IP being blocked by Vine was rather annoying. Just switched to Acamar and I'm already seeing more disruptions in video streaming within 15mins of the switch. Ugh.  =(

Any plans/negotiations taking place to replace Kaus with another ATL datacenter?

I did read the announcement, and I fail to see how the government comes into all this. The issues are between a privately owned data center and AirVPN, as go558a83nk mentions. Please stop trying to stir up trouble.

looking forward to the upcoming announcement of servers to replace kaus.

It seems that AirVPN is in the process of adding 3 new Atlanta servers!

See, if you go to https://airvpn.org/routes/ and scroll down to "United States", you will see three new Atlanta servers: Albireo, Azha, and Dschubba.

For some reason, these three servers only show up in the route checking section, and not the Eddie client or the status page.

This suggests that AirVPN has not finished setting up the three new servers.

Hopefully we will be able to use these new servers sometime this week.

looking forward to the upcoming announcement of servers to replace kaus.

It seems that AirVPN is in the process of adding 3 new Atlanta servers!

See, if you go to https://airvpn.org/routes/ and scroll down to "United States", you will see three new Atlanta servers: Albireo, Azha, and Dschubba.

For some reason, these three servers only show up in the route checking section, and not the Eddie client or the status page.

This suggests that AirVPN has not finished setting up the three new servers.

Hopefully we will be able to use these new servers sometime this week.

that's what I saw but didn't want to spoil the surprise.  I figure they're still testing them prior to announcement.

I did read the announcement, and I fail to see how the government comes into all this. The issues are between a privately owned data center and AirVPN, as go558a83nk mentions. Please stop trying to stir up trouble.

I have no reason to stir trouble but as it is your government owns the internet in your country we all know this, they took the server down because the datacenter wasn't giving the speed that the contract promised to them AirVPN is nowhere responsible for that so stop blaming them as I said.

it has nothing to do with location but everything to do with a datacenter who doesn't keep their word.  Zosma was also mentioned and that's in New York!

I never said it had to do with Location I was simply replying with the location he was complaining about.

To express unhappiness is not to blame.  Nobody is blaming Air, but some people may switch to a provider that has a server in a better location for them.  That's just business. 

Also, The USA government doesn't own or build the internet.  Please stop saying that the internet needs fixed by the government.

To express unhappiness is not to blame.  Nobody is blaming Air, but some people may switch to a provider that has a server in a better location for them.  That's just business. 

Also, The USA government doesn't own or build the internet.  Please stop saying that the internet needs fixed by the government.

The USA government doesn't build it no, they control it in the US, as we all know they use that power all the time to log your traffic although you use different ISPs in different places they still control it in the end that's a fact just accept it. Also he may not have specifically put blame on AirVPN but it felt quite so that he did however if he was NOT blaming them very well I'll take that mistake upon me.

EDIT: Also they just added 3 new servers as AN566 predicted, idk where Atlanta is but I doubt he'd have put it in this post if it wasn't southern US so now you got a few more hopefully they work for you.

EDIT2: I suppose control is a more suitable word for it

Don't cancel your subscription, the AirVPN team just installed three new servers in Atlanta.

Albireo, Azha, and Dschubba

Bingo, we have a winner!

Don't cancel your subscription, the AirVPN team just installed three new servers in Atlanta.

Albireo, Azha, and Dschubba

I did notice that and am giving them a try. Hopefully they work out well! Still hoping for some TX servers though...

There's a new server in Dallas, TX