Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.32.230
mrtrshll

Bitorrent traffic not going to AirVPN ?

Hi !

I'm asking this question because I have much different down/up rates between AirVPN and my BT client.

For example, 150kb/sec in my torrent client, just a few kb in AirVPN overview.

More obvious, sometimes i'm uploading with my BT client, and AirVPN overview doesn't see anything.

Of course, i'm launching my BT client AFTER connecting to a server with airVPN.

Is there anything wrong ?

Thanks in advance !

Try enable network lock that's important. Also most torrent clients usually display Kb and Mb while the AirVPN client Eddie shows in MB and KB, the difference is that Kb is kilobits and KB is kilobytes and same applies to Mb and MB, Megabits and Megabytes with the byte version being the biggest. 150Kb/s could be around 1,3KB/s which is why you see the differences you do.

Try enable network lock that's important. Also most torrent clients usually display Kb and Mb while the AirVPN client Eddie shows in MB and KB, the difference is that Kb is kilobits and KB is kilobytes and same applies to Mb and MB, Megabits and Megabytes with the byte version being the biggest. 150Kb/s could be around 1,3KB/s which is why you see the differences you do.

Both my BT client and AirVPN interface are in kBytes/s. I uninstalled and reinstalled AirVPN client to eventually troubleshoot my problem and now it's the contrary ! AirVPN client gives me 30kBytes/s and my BT client 1.3kBytes/s.

See pic in attached files.

make sure you're not using UPnP nor NAT-PMP in your torrent client.

Mmmmh ok, I'll try this. But shouldn't I open ports if I want to seed my torrents ? If it's not with UPnP or NAT, how ?

Thank you both for your answers.

Both my BT client and AirVPN interface are in kBytes/s. I uninstalled and reinstalled AirVPN client to eventually troubleshoot my problem and now it's the contrary ! AirVPN client gives me 30kBytes/s and my BT client 1.3kBytes/s.

See pic in attached files.

>make sure you're not using UPnP nor NAT-PMP in your torrent client.

Mmmmh ok, I'll try this. But shouldn't I open ports if I want to seed my torrents ? If it's not with UPnP or NAT, how ?

Thank you both for your answers.

AirVPN interface, well on that screenshot it does not look like the client Eddie, also by doing port forwarding on your system you are opening it up to the torrent client to go through your real IP and not the VPN, since you also seem to not be using the client Eddie you don't have network lock which is what this results in. In the future port forward on the client page here on the website because you need to forward it on the SERVER not your own internet cuz again that means the port traffic goes to your real IP and not the VPN server.

In your BT client, what is the amount of bandwith set for downloads and uploads (sometimes referred as speed)?

In connections, how many connections are you allowing globally;  how many connections per torrent?

Do you have  enable uTP protocol checked?

Do you have the rate limit for uTP protocol checked?

Usually in a BT client you have a listening port, which accepts UDP and TCP protocol; this is set by the BT client.

You should have UPnP and NAT unchecked in your BT client but some people have these two items checked in their router.

Eddie client>Preference>advance>general:

UDP/TCP buffer sizes ( 2 of them); what size is the buffers?

Ok, here's the situation :

-UPnP and NAT unchecked in my BT client

-No port forwarding related to BT in my router config

-BT port forwarded by using the page  https://airvpn.org/ports, both TCP & UDP

-Network not locked in Eddie, if i lock it, i'm losing  access to my computer via VNC, and really use it often

-Values in my BT client:

bandwidth download : 0 (unlimited)

bandwidth upload : 180kB/s

global max number of connections : 200

max number of peers per torrent : 50

enable bandwidth management (utp) : unchecked

My screen capture shows Eddie, graphs are on "speed" section.

Buffer sizes for TCP and UDP,send and receive are both at 128.

Have you tested to see if your forwarded port is working?

At the bottom of the client window toward the middle of the status bar you will see a colored dot. If the colored dot is red you either have a NAT problem, or have not yet configured your firewall to allow uTorrent/BitTorrent.
A yellow icon is an indeterminate state. To know if your setup is correct, open the Speed Guide with Ctrl+G, then click "Test if the port is forwarded properly." If the test is not successful, then either your forwarding is not working correctly or your firewall is not configured properly.

Change max number of peers per torrent to: 8, 10 or 12 (unless you are going to seed just one torrent).

Check the "enable bandwidth management (uTP)"

In the Eddie Client, change the UDP and TCP buffers to 512.

On BitTorrent clients, make sure to disable the option to pick random ports at every startup.

Assuming you use Windows and installed/used client version 2.09+ (since you didn't include anything we can work with here to verify this, such as logs), do not change anything, just downgrade your TAP driver. There's a how-to in my signature.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

To verify your torrent IP, just add this .torrent file to your client. EDIT ipleak.net has this too!

After you started the download of this file (in your torrent client), left click it and make sure that it shows the VPN IP.

Sorry for posting that shitty VPN provider here, but the torrentipadress is the only good thing about it.

Sorry for posting that shitty VPN provider here, but the torrentipadress is the only good thing about it.

You better be sorry for not knowing that ipleak.net does include this feature as well...

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You better be sorry for not knowing that ipleak.net does include this feature as well...

I never noticed that! Editted my post Thanks for pointing that out!