Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.37.35
Sign in to follow this  
papajo

ANSWERED Cant get the vpn client or the service to work (Ubuntu)

My problem is that I am using Ubuntu 16 64bit and I tried to install the .deb package but I cant...

because Ubuntu Software Center wont install it, it has also a red label infomring me that "this software comes from 3rd party and may contaion non free components" but thats not the problem, once I click install nothing happens (and I gave it plenty of time) if I click install again  the "?" icon appears on the unity dashboard (meaning that something has launched but it cant define what) whith a processbar on it (which is usuall for any 'under installation' pack when I try to install it through Ubuntu Software Center)

The problem is that Ubuntu Software Center never asks for my password (which happenes all the other times) and the "?" icon on the dash stays there forever and the processbar graphic overlaying it is at 0% I cant even remove it from dashboard and nothing happens its stuck there for like 2 hours (and I killed the lock it caused to dpkg and the icon was still there ) Only solution is to restart the computer

After restarting I tried again to instal the deb package but the same thing happenes I tried it 3 times now.

So Since I couldnt install the graphical enviroment I chose the alternative step which to manually set the VPN connection using the network manager of ubuntu (listed here https://airvpn.org/topic/11432-using-airvpn-with-ubuntu-network-manager/)

everything seems to work fine I do every steps without any problem I import the data the coonection appears under VPN connections I connect to it sucessuflly (or thats what ubuntu outputs once I click to connect to it) 

but after doing that no page loads from any side (also nothing happens if I ping www.google.com on terminal) 

And I tried the default UDP the default FTP the default udp 80 and ftp 80 but nothing

Yes I have the same problem on 16.04 and Ubuntu Phone.

The portable client should work (.tar.gz Portable), at least it does for me.

Same issue here,

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 and I can't install Eddie through the .deb package. Using the portable version meanwhile

I am having the same problem as well. Any updates on how to solve?

I am using the latest experimental client (2.11 from july 2016) and that works fine on Ubuntu 16.04