Not connected, Your IP: 3.12.161.77
ninguno

Network Lock and Windows XP

Hi,

I understand that Network Lock feature doesn't work in Windows XP (I'm not sure why).

But is there any way to implement manually some kind of network lock adding rules? In case yes, what exactly that rules i should need to add?T

Thanks,

Hi, this is because WinXP lacks a proper firewall implementation, it was mainly designed to filter

incoming traffic, not outgoing.

You can use a 3d party application to achieve this functionality, however it is strongly recommended

to upgrade to a more recent Windows version. You are putting yourself at a much bigger risk other

than network lock, while using this 15 years old OS.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I understand it's a very old OS, but is an old machine only used as a nas/download one and upgrading is currently not an option.

Do you have any recommended firewall to work with airvpn and/or maybe link for configuring this kind of lock with it?

Thanks zhang!

Hello !

It should be pointed out that even if you only use it for X thing, it can still be attacked and then infect the rest of your network.

NAS drives can sometimes be especially vulnerable if not handled right I think.

I don't know if you could configure some protection on your router perhaps. Maybe pfSense, but I'm not sure. Ask zhang.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.