Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.163.58
billyfilly

virtual machines, 2 ips and port forwarding

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding using a linux OS virtual machine that is installed in an already connected airvpn Windows 10 box.

I am using my windows 10 machine to connect to certain sites using airvpn,  I have a port open on the airvpn side for incoming connections for file transfers from that site.

I also have Linux installed in the Windows 10 machine using Virtualbox.   I installed Eddie in the Linux install and connect to airvpn in another country.  I also have another port open for incoming connections.  

Everything seems to be working great.   The windows 10 box shows Im from Netherlands and the Virtual Linux shows Im from Canada. 

Now my concern/question is can the Linux virtual machine leak my windows 10 airvpn ip?  I want to make sure that when Im using linux it shows im from Canada and only canada.   ipleak seems to give me the exact results im looking for.  

But when I use the TCP Test on the airvpn port forwarding page I get a big red dot saying im reachable on Real IP over external port.   The netherlands ip is green and normal but the canada is is red.   The second open port meant for the canada virtual machine is green.   Now Im guessing the canadian TCP test is red is because its reading the airvpn netherlands IP and is thinking that is my real IP.   

Am I correct?   I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.  I hope I explained this correctly. 

Thanks guys!  Airvpn rocks!

Hello!

Yes, you're right! Check your "Client Area" for the counter proof: the IP address the 2nd VPN server sees your connection coming from is the exit-IP address of the 1st VPN server.

We didn't think about this very peculiar case of multiple hops when we built the port test. :)

Kind regards

And it's awesome you're not trying to kill this setup instead offering help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thats why I will renew for another year when its time. 

I also dont feel reluctant to tell staff about my usage.  Im just tinkering, not trying to abuse and i think(hope) they know that.  haha.  .