Not connected, Your IP: 52.91.84.219
Nick_Moonwalker

The possiblity of using VPN 99%

Hello everyone!

I visited https://2ip.io/privacy/ through airvpn which told me that the possibility of using an anonimity tool is 99%. So they say  that there is the possibility of 99% that I am using a VPN. This is true. They had found the difference between timezones, open ports 1194, 500 and 4500, and VPN fingerprint - OpenVPN, AES, MAC is SHA1, LZO.

What could be done with that? I can only change my timezone but the rest does not depend on me. Do you have any ideas? 

Thanks for sharing the site.  This probably does some of what that "witch" page does that caused some stir around here last year.

I alternate use with another VPN company and Air and the other one is not detected by this page except for the difference in browser and IP time zone.  I wish I understood why the two different VPN companies (which use the same openvpn ciphers) are detected differently.

Hello

It would be great a Administrator could tell us whether it's possible to disable answering these Open VPN ports and the VPN fingerprinting requests on Air servers?

...and why these ports are open at all? What means two way ping found?

I am also getting the same security alerts:

- Open VPN ports  500/udp, IPSec
                            1194/udp, OpenVPN
                            4500/udp, IPSec

- VPN fingerprint    OpenVPN, AES, MAC is SHA1, LZO

- Defining tunnel     (two way ping)  found

(https://2ip.io/privacy/)

thanks very much for your help!

regards

As far as I know VPN fingerprinting is performed by analyzing the timing signatures of the ciphers - the only way around it is by encapsulating OpenVPN into an SSL layer.

Spoken in easier terms, use OpenVPN over SSL to avoid fingerprinting. The admin cannot do much about it.

As for the ports - are you asking for port closure because you suspect danger to your computer when they are open or do you just want them to be closed to let the test succeed?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

As far as I know VPN fingerprinting is performed by analyzing the timing signatures of the ciphers - the only way around it is by encapsulating OpenVPN into an SSL layer.

Spoken in easier terms, use OpenVPN over SSL to avoid fingerprinting. The admin cannot do much about it.

As for the ports - are you asking for port closure because you suspect danger to your computer when they are open or do you just want them to be closed to let the test succeed?

re-read what I wrote above closely if you think the VPN server company can't do anything about it.

They can't do much, not anything (referring to unknown knowns).

I personally think it has to do with some detail, something the providers differ in. Since you have access to two different "setups", can you just collect all the info about both providers and do a comparison? It's better than arguing, I believe, AND can generate a post to which we all can link because it might become a faq.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

They can't do much, not anything (referring to unknown knowns).

I personally think it has to do with some detail, something the providers differ in. Since you have access to two different "setups", can you just collect all the info about both providers and do a comparison? It's better than arguing, I believe, AND can generate a post to which we all can link because it might become a faq.

The other provider claims to have done something to prevent detection of VPN usage via TTL analysis.  That's the only thing I can think of that would differentiate it from Air.  The openvpn ciphers are the same.