Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.205.5

great product, impressive speed

i'm about to set up second PC, and would like to have one port forwarded to one PC and another port forwarded to another, using the same login

i see no way to "point" a port at a session, can someone explain what I'm missing or how the port forward works relating to multiple sessions?

thanks in advance

using Eddie on each PC, needing one port each for qbittorrent

both PCs using same router, but router not running firmware that can connect to vpn. also one pc is a laptop that will need port to be available when travelling.

thanks

There is a solution for your case, if I was you I would connect both PCs to the same server

(altough different ports and protocols) and by that you will have the same exit IP address.

Then just forward 2 ports on https://airvpn.org/ports , and forward each port on the router

to a corresponding PC.

For example, port 12345 will be forwarded to 192.168.1.10 and port 56789 to 192.168.1.11.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thanks zhang but I believe that would only work if the router was handling a vpn tunnel - it is not, so does not see any of the port information inside the two separate tunnels that the clients on each pc run - the port forward is between airvpn's external IP and the internal airvpn address assigned (ie 10.x.x.x and *not* the local address of PC) - recapping: airvpn sends my router traffic over the vpn ports, not over custom ports.. vpn client then decrypts this traffic to find destination ports that the router cannot see

I was hoping the port forwards were server specific but they "follow" which server you log in to. Looks like multiple machine port forwards might require multiple accounts or a router handling the vpn tunnel (the only way to make what you said work).

I'll try dual logins to different servers and see if port mappings stick

Thanks again!

Your router does not have to handle the VPN tunnel for that.

What you need to accomplish is making yourself "connectable" from the internet.

This is why when you listen on a specified port, i.e. 192.168.12.34:12345, you are asking

the VPN server to forward this port from the exit IP to your WAN IP. This part is handled by Air.

The other part, forwarding WAN 12345 to LAN 12345 is done by your router.

At the end of this, an application listening on local IP address will be able to receive connections

from outside, specifically from the VPN exit IP.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

great product, impressive speed

i'm about to set up second PC, and would like to have one port forwarded to one PC and another port forwarded to another, using the same login

i see no way to "point" a port at a session, can someone explain what I'm missing or how the port forward works relating to multiple sessions?

thanks in advance

Hello,

the system will forward all the ports you have specified in your control port panel to the VPN IP address of each connection established by your account. If we understand your question correctly, you just need to forward remotely two ports and connect your different PCs to different VPN servers. Both ports will be forwarded to your VPN IP address on each of both servers (then you will have the applications on two PCs listening to the appropriate port on each). Note: you could even forward just one port and have the two applications on your PCs listen to the same port (assuming, again, that you connect each PC to a different VPN server).

Do NOT forward ports on your router ("router" intended as a separate box outside your PCs) for this purpose. It is not only useless (because the router does not see anything about the underlying, "real" packet content, as you correctly note in another message of yours) but also would expose your system to correlation attacks.

Kind regards

Awesome, thank you Staff that's great news I'll give it a go asap.

zhang, the router cannot see any VPNEXTERNALIP:PORT<->LAN:PORT data. All it sees is VPNEXTERNALIP:VPNPORTS<->WANIP:VPNPORTS where VPNPORTS are the ports used to make a VPN tunnel, that the router knows to forward from my WANIP to my LANIP due to it initiating the connection. All other ports are encrypted inside the tunnel and unknown to the router at all times. As Staff mention, what you detail would simply open me up to correlation attack while providing no useful connectivity. Thanks for trying though :-)