Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.233.6
Lee47

startpage- catcha checks on ever search

Hi noticed startpage website works fine just when a search is made it requires a catcha check. Happens on every search attempt made so pretty much unsuable.

Tested on different NL air servers and same issue.

Starpage does report it needs to do this check every now and then but this is shown on every search. Maybe something to do with Air IPs being shown as spam or a bad ip ?

Since AirVPN uses static ip on Exit Nodes if you and 20 others browse through startpage on the same server, to most security systems that would seem like bots due to the amount and it might get triggered, I would suggest switching server but since you said it's all the NL servers I suggest moving country for an hour or 2

thanks will try, its not on all just many nl servers well have not found one that it did not work on yet!

I have switched to duckgo search so am fine with them for now.

Try using UK/SE/CH/FR servers. They're close to NL so you should also get good ping.

I use the UK servers and almost never encounter any issues such as captchas on any services. I also use StartPage.

The only thing you can do is to contact the company and request that they stop blacklisting your exit-IP.

I encourage everybody to always complain to all the websites that block the exit-IPs.

Much better and friendlier options exist to protect against robots and spammers than stupid and bizarre CAPTCHAs.

It's ironic how a search-engine who claims to be protecting privacy don't allow you to use it if you are on VPN (on certain servers), while the "unsafe" ones work just fine.

I don't mind filling in a captcha now and then in order to allow me to use the site, but when it's impossible to use it due to just being refered to a new captcha after filling in the previous one, something is wrong.

However, it's an inconvience at most.

It's ironic how a search-engine who claims to be protecting privacy don't allow you to use it if you are on VPN (on certain servers), while the "unsafe" ones work just fine.

I don't mind filling in a captcha now and then in order to allow me to use the site, but when it's impossible to use it due to just being refered to a new captcha after filling in the previous one, something is wrong.

However, it's an inconvience at most.

It's not about the VPN, it's about the amount of requests even tho it is claiming to protect privacy if bots start snooping on it which it would look like to a computer program when 1 IP makes 25 requests within 1 minute

I've been using Airvpn and Startpage together for several years and have never run into this issue. I always set the default page in my browser to https://eu.startpage.com or make custom search URLs there. I also rarely use any Air servers outside of Europe, but do not use NL, DE, FR, US, or CA because I don't trust the govts.

I have found SE to have very fast access from North America and several servers to choose from. Seems SE has a good fat pipe to the internet, and I have found no issues with any service including startpage, I also understand that they don't care about filesharing, for those that do fileshare.

br

rhys

I used airs own tool here:

https://airvpn.org/routes/

and stuck in startpage custom URL, it did report it not working on some NL servers so I simply picked the NL server where it was all green and fully routing was working and as long as I stick with that NL server its fine.

If people are having issues they can perhaps do the above and find a decent server alternative, or Disconnect or Duckgo are good alternatives I personally prefer Startpage Custom generated search, simple and works in all areas be it url plugins or custom bar searches.

I don't think this has to do with too many requests from AirVPN users but with them "blacklisting" some servers. I never get captchas from the latest NL servers for instance. But captchas are very annoying for sure. I have to go back to some 'good' server whenever it's switched automatically by AirVPN software.