Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.31.240
Sign in to follow this  
AnonDexHal439

DNS keeps leaking IP address

I tried that before and it was still leaking. However, I believe I was able to fix it by getting rid of Mcafee security and just using Windows Defender. I'm all set now, thanks.

Hello I have a little question, on ipleak.net, when it checks with airvpn enable, on the WebRTC Detection, it shows the VPN address, and at the bottom, there is also the Private IPv4 Detected and shows 2 IP of both Ethernet and the VPN local IPv4.

With the Torrent address detection, it also show the VPN address, and my IPv4 like 192.168.1.11

Does this mean it is leaking my IP address ? Because it just shows the IPv4 but not my actual ISP IP

Thanks for answer !

What is a "WebRTC leaks"?

WebRTC implement STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for Nat), a protocol that allows to discover the public IP address. To disable it:

• Mozilla Firefox: Type "about:config” in the address bar. Scroll down to “media.peerconnection.enabled”, double click to set it to false.
  • Google Chrome: Install Google official extension WebRTC Network Limiter.
What is a "DNS leaks"?

In this context, with "DNS leak" we mean an unencrypted DNS query sent by your system OUTSIDE the established VPN tunnel.

Why my system suffers DNS leaks?

In brief: Windows lacks the concept of global DNS. Each network interface can have its own DNS. Under various circumstances, the system process svchost.exe will send out DNS queries without respecting the routing table and the default gateway of the VPN tunnel, causing the leak.

Should I be worried for a DNS leak?

If you don't want that your ISP, and anybody with the ability to monitor your line, knows the names your system tries to resolve (so the web sites you visit etc.) you must prevent your system to leak DNS. If you feel that you're living in a human rights hostile country, or in any way the above mentioned knowledge may harm you, you should act immediately to stop DNS leaks.

How Does Torrent Detection Work?

To detect data from your torrent client we provide a magnet link to a fake file. The magnet contains an http url of a controlled by us tracker which archives the information coming from the torrent client.

Also

the WTC leak should look like this

Your IP address - WebRTC detection
yes.pngNo leak, RTCPeerConnection not available.

Thanks for answer !

With Google Chrome and the WebRTC, it didn't show the "No leak, RTCPeerConnection not available."

but instead, just the vpn exit IP I think, so I tried with mozilla and even Internet Explorer and it was ok !