Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.69.84
jameskatt

Network Lock activation SLOWS DNS Resolution

I'm using OS X 10.10.5.

And I'm using  AirVPN Client 2.9.2

What I notice is that when the Network Lock is activated it its default configuration, it takes forever to open a link.  

I often have to press the link in the address field twice or thrice to get it to resolve and draw the webpage.

The problem is immediately solved by deactivating the Network Lock.

The settings I use for Network Lock are:

1. Mode: Automatic

2. Allow lan/private  = checked

3. Allow pink = not checked

4. Addresses allowed = 10.0.1.1, 10.0.1.2, 10.0.1.6, etc. that are other computers in my local area network

How do we fix this problem?

Hello!

Can you please upgrade to Eddie 2.10.3? There are some issues between Eddie 2.9.2 and Yosemite. Although these issues seem unrelated to your problem, it's worth to upgrade and perform a test anyway.

Changelog available here:

https://airvpn.org/services/changelog.php?software=client&format=html

Kind regards

Thanks!

Updating from Eddie 2.9.2 to Eddie 2.10.3 helped reduce the problem a lot. Great! Thank you!

But it still occurs sometimes - thankfully infrequently.

To clarify:  

* When I click on a link with Network Lock On, it takes a long time for that page to load.  

* Sometimes, my web browser shows an error, stating that the "server" is not responding.

* I have to press return on the address box two or three times to get the link to load

* Turning off Network Lock completely removes the problem.

Where this is a severe problem is sometimes when I try to log in to a website using my Facebook or Google+ or Discus account. When I press the button to do so, I get taken to the Facebook/Google+/Discus webpage to allow the original website to link to my account on Facebook/Google+/Discus.  When I accept the link, the process hangs because of the delay in loading the website content.  This prevents me from signing into websites with a social account. 

So the problem appears to be difficulty in loading content from the server I want to reach when I click on its link.

The settings I now use for Network Lock are:

1. Mode: Automatic

2. Allow lan/private  = checked

3. Allow pink = checked

4. Addresses allowed = empty

I tried setting the DNS Server List to Google's DNS Servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4.  But this did not help solve the problem.

Any further ideas?

Anything would be helpful.

Thanks.