Not connected, Your IP: 34.238.138.162
marley11

Disconnect after Windows 10 upgrade

Airvpn will not connect to any server.  It goes from connecting to restarting to connecting, then finally disconnects.  The only change I've made is upgrading to Tor 5.0 and Windows 10.

Hello!

It appears that Eddie 2.9.2 has various issues with Windows 10.

When you run Windows 10, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to Eddie 2.10.2 Experimental. In the usual download page please click "Other versions" then select "Experimental" to point to it. Select the proper version for your Windows edition and download it.

Eddie 2.10.2 features some important bug fixes as well from version 2.9.2.

Kind regards

I am finding even 2.10.2 is not working right on Windows 10 - DNS issues mainly it seems - I have seen many others with similar issues on various threads on the community, I did reinstall the TAP driver which solved it for a bit, then the same issues, hanging on checking DNS or checking route

I am finding even 2.10.2 is not working right on Windows 10 - DNS issues mainly it seems - I have seen many others with similar issues on various threads on the community, I did reinstall the TAP driver which solved it for a bit, then the same issues, hanging on checking DNS or checking route

Hello,

since it worked for a while it should be ruled out that the problem is with the Air client or the tun/tap interface driver and you should look for some other reason.

Kind regards

I get the issue with dns check on windows 10 but only on some servers(some of the new NL server).

I get the issue with dns check on windows 10 but only on some servers(some of the new NL server).

That's very interesting. Could you please specify which servers work for you and which not?

Kind regards

Just checked about 10 servers and all connected so i can't explain it and because it's been awhile since i had to add google dns for airvpn to work i forgot the servers with issues. I am pretty sure it was this servers.

https://airvpn.org/topic/14630-new-1-gbitss-servers-available-nl/

One question do any of those servers ever had dns hosted on amazon servers which might make the dns check fail?

I installed Eddie 2.10.2 Experimental and it still gets stuck in an endless loop and disconnects.  If if continues doing that I may just have to revert back to Windows 7!  Never had an issue.  

I installed Eddie 2.10.2 Experimental and it still gets stuck in an endless loop and disconnects.  If if continues doing that I may just have to revert back to Windows 7!  Never had an issue.  

I too have this issue, but to be honest I actually started experiencing these issues before upgrading to Windows 10. I was on WIn 8.1 x64 when this started. I've done some testing, and can say it actually only happens when I start torrenting, torrents with a lot more connections are more problematic. I don't experience the issue when I'm just browsing, or downloading using other methods like Usenet.

Posted ... (edited)

2.10.3 still continues :/

edit: i think this is windows 10 issue. DNS sometimes stuck and resetting it self.

Edited ... by internet_user

I went back to 8.1, and Airvpn client immediately started working, no issues.. so I am now back to 10, and get the 'checking' route again unless I enable network lock, then it seems to connect ok - only connected for 20 mins so far, so not yet convinced its 100%..

I had exactly the same problem and so uninstalled windows 10 but it still kept dropping after a few mins, then cycling but failing to connect. In the end I tried deleting U torrent and used Vuze instead. it's never happened once since. Might work for others if they are using U torrent with the same issues.