Not connected, Your IP: 3.22.181.81
Sign in to follow this  
serenacat

Checking routes flood

My AirVPN client is set on defaults, including Settings/Protocol/Automatic so presumably tries to use UDP 443. This is over a "mobile broadband" 3G dongle on my Windows 7 laptop on iiNet/Optus in Australia.

Sometimes on "Connect now" to either the Singapore or Hong Kong server, the client indicates "Checking Route" and monitoring the Huawei dongle status shows a constant flood of outgoing packets at about the link capacity of 6 Mbps, but nothing incoming.

The AirVPN client Overview/Cancel button produces no effect, instead the client says "Retrying".

Killing the client using the window close action of W7 only works after perhaps a minute.

I now usually disconnect the 3G link to save Mbs of junk traffic into my ISP before having a fight with the AirVPN client.

It would be nicer if the "Checking Route" operation limited traffic and backed off if retrying. And the Cancel should be polled and acted upon.

Perhaps this is just something peculiar to my setup and ISP and so is uncommon. I can live with it.

I have not spent much time looking at this website. I was using Eddie 2.8.8, have now upgraded to 2.9.2.

Also my ISP is rather unstable currently due to a boom in streaming traffic, including a recent netflix deal, and resulting upgrades of congested routers etc.

Looking at the logs, "Checking Route" seems to be delegated to OpenVPN.

Not a major problem, so not motivated to dig into code. Time will tell.