Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.12.207
Sign in to follow this  
jwtrtrent

Disable geolocation routing? Issues with Google redirecting to Google Israel on US servers?

As somebody that appreciates open internet, I am very pleased with AirVPN's service. The flexibility and security features enabled by default are exceptional, and the geolocation routing has worked excellently with the sites listed. But sometimes I wish to to have a connection routed in the same country. For example, recently, while I am connected to the US server I am being redirected to Google Israel. Unfortunately, I do not speak Hebrew and thus it can be an annoyance. From a cursory glance of your pages, it appears that the your geo restriction busting is via DNS. If so, I would appreciate being able to choose a DNS network that would not involve this adjustment.

Hello!

You're totally free to query any DNS server you wish in our service. Usage of our VPN DNS, although recommended, is not mandatory.

About the problem you cite, maybe it is not related to nameservers. It might be a Google IP address geo-location error. Browse to No Country Redirect page, which Google offers even for these cases.

https://www.google.com/ncr

Kind regards

Google's IP geolocation databases are innacurate, putting it mildly.

I actually don't understand why a multi Billion dollars company whos main product are

the users, don't have a small team that will keep up their databases in a better shape.

You can use /ncr for searches, but for other services such as Youtube and others, you will

have to change the language settings manually.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.