Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.174.95
Sign in to follow this  
tranquivox69

Trouble reconnecting after disconnection + forwarded ports not working

I think this started coinciding with the new Dutch servers being set up. But whenever I disconnect from AirVPN (using Eddie 2.9.2 under Win 8.1 x64), I get problems in reconnecting to the same or a different server. The client initiates the connection, then it starts re-trying waiting 3 seconds between each attempt. I usually solve it by switching manually to a different server until I find one that connects. But it's kind of annoying.

Another problem is that some of my forwarded ports time out, both trying tools such as http://canyouseeme.org/ and the internal tool found here: https://airvpn.org/ports/. Some are working, some are not. There doesn't seem to be a pattern or, if there is, I haven't understood it. Some time they time out, some time they say "connection refused". Now, before taking the following log, I connected to a server that has all of them correctly forwarding. Didn't even restart the machine...

Here's a log showing what happens. Connection after several re-tries, with different servers.

http://pastebin.com/1kcX3YCg

To the staff: could you please help?

I see there's another user with a very similar problem, I have provided logs. If you need anything else, just say so, but please answer.

Thank you.

You tried to reconnect too fast and that's why you exceeded the 3 connections limit and your further auth attempts failed.

! 2015.06.08 17:59:26 - Session terminated.
. 2015.06.08 17:59:33 - Updating systems & servers data ...
. 2015.06.08 17:59:33 - Systems & servers data update completed
I 2015.06.08 17:59:41 - Session starting.
I 2015.06.08 17:59:41 - Running event session.start
I 2015.06.08 17:59:41 - Network adapter DHCP switched to static (Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V)
I 2015.06.08 17:59:44 - IPv6 disabled.
I 2015.06.08 17:59:44 - Checking authorization ...
W 2015.06.08 17:59:44 - Authorization check failed, continue anyway ({1])

Next time you can force a manual disconnection from the Client Area.

Regarding port forwarding, wait for Staff to comment on this, for me it's working fine, probably it's a missing listening

port or misconfiguration at your end. If the port is assigned to you in the Client Area and your forwarding is set up + you

did set up an application that waits for incoming connections on that port and sends back ACK, those checkers will work fine.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

To the staff: could you please help?

I see there's another user with a very similar problem, I have provided logs. If you need anything else, just say so, but please answer.

Thank you.

Hello,

we do not detect any problem in port forwarding. For additional support please feel free to open a ticket. Remember: replies on the forum by someone from the Staff can maybe be posted and maybe not. Only through tickets you will receive support for sure and in a definite time.

Kind regards

On port forwarding I might have gotten things wrong. I thought the check was regardless of a program listening for that port. Thinking about it my thinking made no sense. I activated all the programs and now all the ports check just fine. Thank you.

Regarding the connection thing, I've opened a ticket. If there is a 3 connections limit I surely am not hitting it as, for the moment, I only ever connect to AirVPN from the same machine. So when I disconnect and then try to reconnect, I should at the most be seen with two connections active, not three.