Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.228.237

I've been trying to set my plex server up on a windows machine to be visible outside my network. I've tried port forwards on the client page, the airVPN-configured router, and through the windows firewall. What am I missing to make plex visible through the VPN? 

note: I have another non-VPN router which allows the plex server out... but I want to keep the windows machine on the VPN router all the time. 

Any suggestions?

Hello!

Apparently you have performed all the necessary steps. On the router, if you're forwarding with iptables you can compare with this guide (for Tomato and DD-WRT, maybe you can find it useful for your router too):

https://airvpn.org/topic/9270-how-to-forward-ports-in-dd-wrt-tomato-with-iptables

Maybe not related but you never know: you must access Plex from a different machine, not from the very same machine that's running it and that's connected to the VPN. Make sure that you access it on the VPN server exit-IP address, correct port (the port you have remotely forwarded in your port panel in our web site).

Kind regards

Hello!

Apparently you have performed all the necessary steps. On the router, if you're forwarding with iptables you can compare with this guide (for Tomato and DD-WRT, maybe you can find it useful for your router too):

https://airvpn.org/topic/9270-how-to-forward-ports-in-dd-wrt-tomato-with-iptables

Maybe not related but you never know: you must access Plex from a different machine, not from the very same machine that's running it and that's connected to the VPN. Make sure that you access it on the VPN server exit-IP address, correct port (the port you have remotely forwarded in your port panel in our web site).

Kind regards

Thank you for responding! I got discouraged last year and gave up... now I'm back at it again and found your response.

I wasn't using the IPTABLES, but realize that may be my problem. I've tried to insert the right IP etc into the command:

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun1 -p udp -d destIP --dport port -j ACCEPT

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun1 -p tcp -d destIP --dport port -j ACCEPT

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p tcp --dport port -j DNAT --to-destination destIP

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun1 -p udp --dport port -j DNAT --to-destination destIP

But still have no change in making the port visible.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but then again, I've gotten confused on what IP I should be inserting as destIP.

I'm using dd-wrt router. Can someone explain like I'm 5 how my command should look?

Thanks in advance.