Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.20.56

Experimental 2.9 for windows 7 gives NSIS ERROR

Hi,

I tried downloading airvpn client for windows 7. The download went fine until I ran the installer and got this NSIS error message and it will not install. Is there a fix?

Hi,

I tried downloading airvpn client for windows 7. The download went fine until I ran the installer and got this NSIS error message and it will not install. Is there a fix?

Did you check the SHA or MD5 of the download? Delete the original installer, download it again (in Firefox if possible) and verify the hash before installing. Chances are it's exactly what the error says - a damaged file.

I am having the same problem. My hashes match the hashes listed below. But I still get the error.

Url https://airvpn.org/repository/experimental/airvpn_windows_x64_installer.exe MD5 7a112e4abe75b884eae04a389c28f305 SHA1 6a67dd9f340dd2bf3eeab6cf79a90e5442df6525 SHA256 124416c6f5fcbb309d9f8a59e63b528356d5f5520f034e3fd4ccc8775f439ab3 SHA512 87038b83eabefdf69c5cc477fcff611315cb95429446b9e2b1cb10e13fcf3edf69cd7b5c782f3b7d60b4ec4b4e8cd2d9e1162f8db7515b2f0c7413cda0f00989

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

This time the hash is different, (Yet correct according to the download page.) And it works perfectly. Thank you.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

Using alternate character in a folder name that aren't ASCII will corrupt your ability to properly save files in folder names.

I was suffering this issue, and even though I could download the installer, it would not run.

Even when I used the zipped version, I was missing drivers that AirVPN couldn't install for me because of the folder issue.

Example:

C:/WINDOWS/User/ɘӽaᴍᵱLԑ/downloads

To solve the issue, simply download and install in a folder that does not contain alternate characters.

This specific issue only applies to users who are using a non-english OS or have their language set to something other than ASCII.

This may not apply to you at all, but I am posting it in case another user has this issue.