Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.202.187
quisp65

ANSWERED Utorrent only p2p client that works with port forwarding?

I can only get port forwarding & AirVpn working with Utorrent and not qbittorrent or Deluge.  

I've tried all with uPnP turned off on the router and checking from an external web address like http://www.canyouseeme.org/   

Even the endless searching I did never has anyone coming back with "it works" with anything other than Utorrent.   Anyone have any luck with Deluge or Qbittorrent?     

Air will assign you a random port that will be forwarded to you: client area > forwarded ports > click the add button.

Insert that port into your P2P client in the listening port area.

And go.  Simple as that.  Of course, you must be connected to an Air server and you must be running the P2P client for the port check to say the port is open.

Turn UPnP and NAT-PMP and randomize port off.  You can turn UPnP off on your router too unless you need it for something else.

Thanks...

I did that and have used it successfully with Utorrent, but can't find anybody that has gotten it working in the other two clients.

I'll toy with it longer if I know it can be done, but I'm starting to wonder if those two clients work.     

Hi,

I can confirm that port forwarding works with Transmission 2.84 on Yosemite 10.10.2 with 'Randomise port on launch' and 'Automatically map port' both turned off. On the router UPnP is deactivated with no open ports, no port forwarding, DMZ, etc. When running the client and connected the port tests open and when not closed. The Yosemite Firewall is also on.

Thanks...

I did that and have used it successfully with Utorrent, but can't find anybody that has gotten it working in the other two clients.

I'll toy with it longer if I know it can be done, but I'm starting to wonder if those two clients work.     

You couldn't find anyone who got it working? Did you search the forum? There are a number of threads about all the clients listed, and I can also confirm that port forwarding works perfectly in qBittorrent, Transmission, Deluge and others. I've used it on Windows, Linux, BSD and OS X and it works the same regardless. Either you're not testing it properly, or you've done something wrong somewhere.

Simply forward the port in Air's client area, and then enter it into the application. In apps like Deluge which offer different ports rather than just one (i.e. tracker, peer exchange, DHT) you can use the same port for all of them or generate a port for each, it's up to you. Then restart the client (to ensure changes take effect) and you're away. I've never had a single issue across all the listed torrent apps or operating systems. Give it another try from scratch and ensure you uncheck the 'random port', 'UPnP' and 'NATPMP' boxes. 

Just to clarify, my interest is mainly Deluge.  

I've searched these forums, Deluge forums and google.   I read lots of messages.  Every post I read no one ever came back and said it worked after their problem so that's why I asked.   Keep in mind.... you can count me as one of the people that gets port forwarding working in Deluge without a VPN.  It's with a VPN where I have the trouble.  

I tried this morning on a fresh install of Windows on another machine to see if I could get ports forwarded through the VPN and still no luck.  

I've always had upnp & natpmp unchecked.  I've always had the ports forwarded in Air.  I've always checked to see if ports were open from both the client and from canyouseeme.org when the torrent had been running a bit.  I've always had success with Utorrent.  

Today I'm going to research the "interface" box in the network settings a bit more and maybe I can toy with that and get it working.  Can't think of anything else to do.  

Oh well....   thanks all.    I download windows transmission and tixati also and couldn't get them working either by evidence of checking Air's port checker and another external port checker after I left each client run a bit.  Netstat also showed the ports only properly forwarded on Utorrent only. 

I'll just use Utorrent for now and keep my eyes open for maybe something I'm doing wrong, but it's not the common mentioned stuff.  I'll try to update the thread if I ever get it working, so it won't be another message pertaining to this that leaves the reader hanging and wondering if they ever got it working :-)   

Just to clarify, my interest is mainly Deluge.  

I've searched these forums, Deluge forums and google.   I read lots of messages.  Every post I read no one ever came back and said it worked after their problem so that's why I asked.   Keep in mind.... you can count me as one of the people that gets port forwarding working in Deluge without a VPN.  It's with a VPN where I have the trouble.  

I tried this morning on a fresh install of Windows on another machine to see if I could get ports forwarded through the VPN and still no luck.  

I've always had upnp & natpmp unchecked.  I've always had the ports forwarded in Air.  I've always checked to see if ports were open from both the client and from canyouseeme.org when the torrent had been running a bit.  I've always had success with Utorrent.  

Today I'm going to research the "interface" box in the network settings a bit more and maybe I can toy with that and get it working.  Can't think of anything else to do.  

I can't imagine what you might be doing wrong. Port forwarding works perfectly for me (and others who've replied here) regardless of the torrent client or operating system. Talk us through exactly how you go about setting it up, right form generating a port in the client area through to inputting it into the client and testing. I can only think you've missed something so simple it's "too obvious" for you to have checked while troubleshooting. It really is very straightforward.

Oh well....   thanks all.    I download windows transmission and tixati also and couldn't get them working either by evidence of checking Air's port checker and another external port checker after I left each client run a bit.  Netstat also showed the ports only properly forwarded on Utorrent only. 

I'll just use Utorrent for now and keep my eyes open for maybe something I'm doing wrong, but it's not the common mentioned stuff.  I'll try to update the thread if I ever get it working, so it won't be another message pertaining to this that leaves the reader hanging and wondering if they ever got it working :-)

I assume Windows Firewall is enabled? Have you got a rule to allow uTorrent to receive incoming connections on the VPN interface, but not anything else? You will need to allow the other clients too.

yea... my firewall has made exceptions for the clients.   It' no biggie.... I can use Utorrent and I'll deal with it later with fresh thoughts.  Maybe I'll do something different the next time I try.  It's not worth all the trouble right now.... was just hoping for an easy fix.   

Thanks

Apparently the times I tried to rule out my windows firewall, I didn't have success.   Tried it again without a firewall and Deluge is finally correctly forwarding ports.... :-)     The other clients must not put the firewall exceptions in as well I guess.  

Now just to look at the difference in how Utorrent did it compared with my other windows clients.   

Do the other apps even offer to make Windows firewall rules? I don't think they do, but I've not run Windows in years so I'm not sure. If you're behind a router you don't need a software firewall anyway, certainly not Windows' inbound-only firewall anyway. Well network lock in Eddie is one reason I guess, and that's a good one. If you use that then keep the firewall but set up exceptions for the other torrent clients you use. It's a one-time thing and easy to do.

I see deluge, transmission, vuze leap, tiaxti added to the firewall rules.  Hmm... can't find qbittorrent.  It turns out they needed "edge transversal" enabled in the properties in the rules to work.  I don't think this is default with many of the clients... the other clients just add basic exceptions to windows firewall where Utorrent puts it in with "edge transversal".

Do the other apps even offer to make Windows firewall rules?

I know Vuze does (as I recall it doesn't even ask), then again I always setup my own rules for everything and delete anything apps create themselves.