Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.252.23
timde9

Weird problem with asus router

I am having kinda an annoying issue with my asus ac66u router.  I want to setup AirVPN on the router via openvpn which is supported through the stock firmware.  I tried dd-wrt but the latest builds don't detect my 5ghz radio correctly so that's a no go.  Anyway the stupid router configuration has a line limit on how long the user key can be and I am over by a few lines.  Is there any way in the config generator to generate a smaller user.key file or am I just out of luck on this?

I don't think you can make the key any smaller, but you could try the Tomato firmware. According to these instructions, it detects the 5GHz band after resetting NVRAM and rebooting twice. Numerous posts in this thread also suggest changing the country code in order to get 80MHz channels @ 5GHz.

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

Hey guys I got dd-wrt to work I just had to try several builds before one worked.  Thanks a ton for the help :]

I have this same issue with the openvpn client on my Asus RT-AC52U.  Has anyone sucessfully used the Asus openvpn client to connect to AirVPN?  Unfortunately it looks like there isn't an alternative firmware for this router.