Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.242.165
Sign in to follow this  
kyppo

No access from outside network

Hey guys.

This is a tricky one, but I'll try to explain the best I can - please bear with me, as English is not my first language.

I am currently running on 4G mobile broadband from a Danish ISP, Telia. Works like a charm, but all inbound connections are blocked by them, and they won't open a single port for me. So, I figured a VPN is the way to go. Problem is, it doesn't seem to work around the ISP block, as I still cannot access anything from outside the local network.

I am running a Linux box (Kali Linux, latest version) which currently is running both a webserver (standard port 80) and a Plex Media Server (standard port 32400), and both port forwards established on AirVPN.org check out just fine from exit-IP to internal IP. Regardless, no access when I try to access either via my browser.

Any ideas on how to fix this, or should I just forget it and quickly cancel my premium membership on AirVPN, because my ISP is being a port nazi? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

in no way your ISP can block remotely forwarded ports if the tunnel is correctly established. The fact that the port test is successful also shows that packets are properly forwarded, your firewall does not drop/reject them and your services reply.

First of all, please make sure that you try to access your services NOT from the same computer that's running them (and is connected to a VPN server).

Also, we have just accessed one of your services, so everything seems already fine!

Kind regards

I've just tried again, and now both are working perfectly fine! I don't know what I did wrong before, because I didn't change anything before trying again, but, as long as it works   Could it possibly be DNS related?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond, despite there being no problem at all! I'm really looking forward to using your services 

OMG i've been looking for an answer to this for months!  I even cancelled my AirVPN subscription because I couldn't access my ebook server from a browser.  I resubscribed yesterday because i had nothing to do this weekend and thought i'd give it another try 

i can't believe it was this simple...please prominently provide this info under the 'Forward Ports' section on this page

https://airvpn.org/enter/

REPLY TO:

irst of all, please make sure that you try to access your services NOT from the same computer that's running them (and is connected to a VPN server).