Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.119.199
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous_13

AirVPN client and connection adapters

Hello,

will it ever be possible that the AirVPN client creates connection adapters for each VPN like Viscosity does?

The only reason why I am not using airvpn client is that I'm using the firewall of my AV to block any outgoing traffic when its not inside of VPN.This can be easily done by Viscosity's connection adapters.

I know that the client has a similar feature to prevent IP leak BUT it works ONLY when Windows Firewall is enabled. Because I don't use windows firewall it's obsolete.

Hello!

Here: http://www.sparklabs.com/support/preventing_network_and_dns_traffic_leaks/

we can read "We are currently working on adding a feature to Viscosity to easily block traffic leaks from occurring. We hope to have such a feature available in a future version of Viscosity, however please be aware that this is not something that will be available soon."

Has this Viscosity feature been added so the web page is not updated? If so, can you point us to a technical description of this feature?

Kind regards

Speaking of the adapters - Is there a reason the tap adapter driver for windows seems to be very old 9.9.02/2012 vs. current 9.9.21/2014?

Hello!

Here: http://www.sparklabs.com/support/preventing_network_and_dns_traffic_leaks/

we can read "We are currently working on adding a feature to Viscosity to easily block traffic leaks from occurring. We hope to have such a feature available in a future version of Viscosity, however please be aware that this is not something that will be available soon."

Has this Viscosity feature been added so the web page is not updated? If so, can you point us to a technical description of this feature?

Kind regards

I don't think so and I don't care much as I'm using my own firewall of my AV to block traffic leak. Which is possible due to the network adapters Viscosity creates. You can read my guide here on the forum about blocking traffic leak by using GDATA Internet Security + Viscosity.

owever I've justed tested your client and the netlock feature and it fails because Windows  Firewall is disabled by my AV and due to Windows I cannot enable the firewall without uninstalling my AV (the option to enable the firewall is not clickable and it says that the setting is controlled by Gdata Internet Security). So in short words: Your netlock feature is useless for everyone who has installed a firewall solution.

But because not every firewall solution is like Comodo where you can put that many options in there is currently no other solution for me else to use Viscosity.

But because Viscosity is closed source I would rather use your client. So thats why I am asking if you plan to use a network adapter method similar to Viscosity but I assume that will not happen.