Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.70.203
Sign in to follow this  
notconnected

Using Airvpn with Android!

How to use Airvpn with Android

Here are the steps:

1. Root your phone

Obtaining root privileges enables a user to override protected operating system features, and install arbitrary software. It is also called obtaining Super User. Think of it as a windows PC with an Admin user and a Guest user, Guest user has access but limited while Admin can access everything. That is the same when you root the phone. It\'s like having Admin access to the hardware.

2. Install the attached \'OpenVPN-Settings-0.4.6.apk\'. It will install the software needed to connect to the VPN servers.

3. Go to Access without Client and generate the configuration files

4. Create a folder named \'openvpn\' in your SDCARD and place the configuration files there (4 files)

5. This will use GPRS or 3G connection, use your telecom provider APN (access point) for internet and leave the proxy and port blank.

6. If done correctly, open the OpenVPN-Settings application put a check on Openvpn and the configuration and you\'re all set.

**you can rename the ‘air.ovpn’ to something like airTCP80.ovpn to identify other ports that you would like to use.

**Use TCP80 when generating your config files if other ports do not work.

It should work on Android phones and if you need help just message here. Posted Image Posted Image [file name=OpenVPN_Settings_0.zip size=75212]https://airvpn.org/images/fbfiles/files/OpenVPN_Settings_0.zip[/file]

yes and i\'ve been using this for almost a months or two, ahahahaha

question, if you hold the config file, it will promt a setting to edit config file and edit dns, if i were to edit dns, do i just need to check script only?

and what dns server can you suggest?

Does anyone know when will they have this working for android 4.0 unrooted. I have this service and love it for my pc. I would like it for my tablet.

I dont know how to root my tablet so if anyone knows any thing about this service being made for android4.0 the info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Does anyone know when will they have this working for android 4.0 unrooted. I have this service and love it for my pc. I would like it for my tablet.

I dont know how to root my tablet so if anyone knows any thing about this service being made for android4.0 the info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello!

Yes, please read here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=2328&Itemid=142

Kind regards

Help please!

I have a rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1. OpenVPN is installed, all Prerequisites are ghowing "green". I generated and downloaded .ovpn files for both Vega and Sirius servers. I tried with both ports 443 and 80 using UDP protocol. My tablet is connected to the internet using Wi-Fi (no 3G on this tablet).

My 2 configurations are showing up in the OpenVPN configurations. OpenVPN is turned on (green check box). Whenever I click on one of the configurations, some messages appear in the lower-right corner of the device. One of those messages at some point says: "Username/Password required", and the configuration checkmark goes away.

If I launch the configuration again, and this time click on the "Username/Password required" message, I get a new screen asking for a UID/PWD. I enter my AirVPN ID and Password... and then nothing

Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong?

@pmatisse

Hello!

The authentication with our VPN servers is performed through key and certificates, so you should never be prompted for a username/password when using OpenVPN. Perhaps OpenVPN can't access a certificate or the key? Can you please send us the attempted connection logs?

Kind regards

I want to say I followed this guide and found it simply does not work. it took some time until I could get it to work. It may be that something has changed with the software (In particular "openvpn settings") or that the person who wrote this assumed people have the other software installed, or maybe my phone is just different than that other poeple get.

I could not get it to work until I installed openvpn installer ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.installer ) which also requires busybox to be installed ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox ) is reasonably good. There is no mention of this in the guide, nor the openvpn settings. I (rather dumbly ;P) assumed that openvpn settings was the entirety of software needed and it took some while until I looked into this software further.

hi. please help. whenever i try to connect. it always ask for user and password. although it was already inserted on the account.cfg. thanks

hi. please help. whenever i try to connect. it always ask for user and password. although it was already inserted on the account.cfg. thanks

Hello!

Did you insert login and password on the configuration file? If so, please remove them. The authentication is performed through double certificate and personal key. Please make sure that the configuration file points to the correct files (ca.crt is the server certificate, user.crt the client certificate and user.key the client key). Our configuration generator builds all the files according to your instructions (menu "Member Area"->"Access Without Our Client").

Kind regards

When i download the air.zip file, it is always about 36kb, and when unzipped there are no files?

Ive tried this on several machines now with the same result.

Is there something wrong with the system?

I can't get airvpn on my android devices without configuration files!

Help!

When i download the air.zip file, it is always about 36kb, and when unzipped there are no files?

Ive tried this on several machines now with the same result.

Is there something wrong with the system?

I can't get airvpn on my android devices without configuration files!

Help!

Hello!

Yes, we don't detect any problem with the configuration generator, it appears to work just fine. Can you please describe the exact operation your perform? Can you please also tell us whether you access our Luxembourg or Holland frontend when you generate the file?

Kind regards

I have been trying to get VPN working on my Android and it has been a big learning curve. So first I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running 4.1.2, which as well as giving root also installed busybox. I then installed OpenVPN as per the instructions in the first post. I added the files to my SD card and pointed the OpenVPN Settings to those files. OpenVPN found the files and showed them. However when I click on the box to connect a squiggly line appears in the box for a second, I get a flashed message that OpenVPN settings have been granted superuser permissions for an interactive session, and then nothing happens. No connection.

I was trying using a UDP on port 443, so I loaded up a connection using TCP on port 80, but that also doesn't work. I then saw another post saying that I should use the OpenVPN Installer. So I downloaded and installed that and it told me I don't have binary installed. So I installed it, but still cannot get OpenVPN to connect.

I've run out of ideas on how to get this working. I've uploaded some screenshots (hopefully it will work but nothing is showing). Anyone can help?

I am having some issues using airvpn on my rooted archos 80 g9 tablet. When I open the setting app it lists the config files (I have three) but when I go to choose one it will not put the checkmark on it instead the text of the selected config file goes gray. Any ideas?

I am having some issues using airvpn on my rooted archos 80 g9 tablet. When I open the setting app it lists the config files (I have three) but when I go to choose one it will not put the checkmark on it instead the text of the selected config file goes gray. Any ideas?

Hello!

Which OpenVPN client/wrapper are you running and what is your Android version?

Kind regards

Using AirVPN on my Galaxy S3, I successfully import the config file onto OpenVPN and it goes through each stage, up to where it says, Authentication Failed. Any suggestions? Do we need to use any advance configuration settings? I use the UDP port 443.

Using AirVPN on my Galaxy S3, I successfully import the config file onto OpenVPN and it goes through each stage, up

to where it says, Authentication Failed. Any suggestions? Do we need to use any advance configuration settings? I use the UDP port 443.

Hello!

Maybe you are trying two simultaneous connections with the same account, which is not allowed, can you please check?

Kind regards

Using AirVPN on my Galaxy S3, I successfully import the config file onto OpenVPN and it goes through each stage, up

to where it says, Authentication Failed. Any suggestions? Do we need to use any advance configuration settings? I use the UDP port 443.

Hello!

Maybe you are trying two simultaneous connections with the same account, which is not allowed, can you please check?

Kind regards

I am also interested in this. I am new to vpn in general and just signed up for airvpn today. I read the terms of service, or tried to, but my eyes started going all blurry after a while. Are we really restricted to only one (1) connection at a time from an account? This really isn't a problem for me except that I can foresee the following scenario:

I am at home on my computer, connected to the internet through airvpn. All is good because I am using only 1 connection. Then I go to town to do some shopping, or work, or whatever. I forget to disconnect my home computer from airvpn. I am in town and I want to use a public wifi hotspot. But I can't safely do so (being unable to make a second connection to airvpn) because my home computer is still logged in.

I am not trying to abuse or overuse your service but 1 connection at a time is simply too restrictive.