Not connected, Your IP: 18.207.98.249
mcampbell

Windows - timeout during "checking route" EVERY TIME

Using the latest windows client, I'm now getting a timeout during the "checking route" phase, 4 times each, for every server I try.  Needless to say, I can't continue.

Thoughts welcome.

In Settings > Advanced, uncheck Check if the tunnel effectively works. If you perform a simple IP lookup after connection and you see AirVPN's IP there, it means the tunnel works effectively, too. (Traffic test is included, otherwise you couldn't connect.. )

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

This happens to me on my laptop all the time if I had it in hibernation-mode first.

I simply restart the computer and its all good again

This happens to me on my laptop all the time if I had it in hibernation-mode first.

I simply restart the computer and its all good again

Just an addition: Same happens with me using Securepoint. I noticed, if you put Windows in hibernation mode, the routes table will be restored to original, thus preventing OpenVPN from working correctly if it was connected. It will stay connected, though. A simple reconnect should solve your problem, too, Mr. ZPKZ.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks all, I'll try this again.

I think I did tick the "test if tunnel actually works", and it did get through, but I never got any traffic through after that.  D/L stats were showing 0 bytes, upload was showing some (presumably because of requests), but no data coming back.

This was a couple days ago so I'll try again and see what's what.