Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.119.229
artephius

API: Query for server ip?

Is there a way to (programatically) find a server's ip if its name is known?

For example I can use the API and query the "status" service and get a nice list of servers and which is the recommended one, but the array doesn't contain the ip.

I'd like to be able to programatically find the best server (using the status service) then get it's IP (somehow), and alter my config file and connect to that server (much like the AirVpn client software does it.)

I can't find anywhere on airvpn.org to obtain the ip addresses other than manually going through the config file generator...

Thanks!

Is there a way to (programatically) find a server's ip if its name is known?

Hello!

You can resolve .airvpn.org. For example:

$ dig @95.85.9.86 acrux.airvpn.org +short

Kind regards

Ah I didn't realize the servers were all found at <servername>.airvpn.org! That make's things very easy.

Thank you!

One small thing, you mentioned that you want to "programatically find the best server".

In that case Air made it easy, you have to just ping the country code.vpn.airdns.org, it will return the most recommended server.

i.e.

ping de.vpn.airdns.org

PING de.vpn.airdns.org (178.162.198.102): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 178.162.198.102: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=142.354 ms

And indeed we see that I got "Seginus" in reply, which was the most recommended DE server at the time of writing.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

That's good to know. Right now I'm just hitting the api/status page and getting the best servers out of the country list data (which is why I needed to know how to find their IP addresses as that data only contains the server's name) but your way is probably easier (well less code anyway).

Thanks

Hello!

Anyway, we just added the "Entry-IP" field for servers, and the "Best Server" by country/continent/planet.

Kind regards

Hello!

Anyway, we just added the "Entry-IP" field for servers, and the "Best Server" by country/continent/planet.

Kind regards

hi staff

would you share a screenshot for the related tab of eddie, please? so that non-premium members could see the way it looks.

Hello!

Kind regards

hi staff

would you share a screenshot for the related tab of eddie, please? so that non-premium members could see the way it looks.

Just so you know, this particular conversation and the field they added has to do with the API, which doesn't really have anything to do with eddie, but I'm sure someone probably has a screenshot of eddie you might want to make your own thread asking for that.

Hello!

Kind regards

Hi, just tried this, but it doesn't include the Entry-IP (see below).

<status result="ok">
<servers>
<servers public_name="Acamar" country_name="United States" country_code="us" location="Miami" continent="America" bw="80" bw_max="1000" users="53" currentload="8"/>
<servers public_name="Acrux" country_name="Netherlands" country_code="nl" location="Amsterdam" continent="Europe" bw="118" bw_max="1000" users="58" currentload="11"/>

Please advise. Thanks.