Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.171.212
Sign in to follow this  
Dr5GF7mKcX

Eddie 2.7 on OS/X - various issues

Dear AirVPN,

I have discovered a few issues with Eddie (I believe) in my travels you may want to look on. This is all running the client on the latest version of Mavericks.

• If you put the computer to sleep with Eddie running, most of the time when you resume you cannot connect (you get error 49). If you restart Eddie after turning off WiFI entirely, about 20% of the time that solves the problem - the only 100% solution is to restart the machine
  • If you choose to prioritize connections by latency, the client does not check all connections. I'm in Asia presently, and in particular, Asian servers' latency doesn't get checked about 90% of the time. This may or may not be impacted by the fact that I start Eddie with WiFi disabled (so that there is no data leakage while Eddie starts with Network Lock enabled.
  • It does not seem that Eddie ever rechecks for latency if its first attempt is unsuccessful.

Note that when Eddie starts it asks for an admin account - I run with a non-admin account as my main account for security reasons.

Regards, from Korea

I'm in Hong Kong currently, and Eddie (despite latency preference) very often connects to Netherlands or USA, instead of HK or Singapore servers. Is there a way to force a re-run of the latency checks (short of quitting and restarting Eddie, with the concomitant password prompt)?

Thanks!

(OP: note that I don't see how Eddie could do latency checks with the Wifi disabled (unless of course you're connected via Ethernet or some other interface). Network Lock should prevent the data leaking while Eddie starts up; but Wifi must be connected, I'd think)

Sorry but the issue about the sleep mode is still under investigation.

I'm now on the latest experimental and this is still not resolved. Can please look into this and give us an update. Thank you!