Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.119.199
Philiberti

Network Lock On Non Windows Firewall

Hi,

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and employ its firewall which I find to be much better than my Windows 7 firewall. Does this mean that Network Lock wouldn't work in my situation if the VPN connection dropped? I have previously used VPN Watcher to kill Firefox and torrent client when VPN connection dropped - it is effective but I was hoping that the new Eddie client "Kill Switch" would avoid the need to use a third party program such as VPN Watcher.

I did try to set up rules in the KIS firewall with Paolo's assistance but it didn't work so I opted for the VPN Watcher rather than fiddle with settings which could compromise my firewall as I'm a relative newbie.

Thanks

(This is an amended repost from 10th October under topic "Why Windows Firewall Network Lock" - which has not been replied to yet and I think this may be because I posted to a topic that may have been resolved for the original poster - if so, my apologies)

Hello!

Network Lock works with plug-ins for Eddie. Currently, Eddie programmers have coded the plug-in for the Windows Firewall and no other firewall for Windows. It means that if you use Network Lock in Windows, you should disable any other firewall. Eddie is free and open source, maybe someone might like to program additional Network Lock plug-ins, or maybe we will plan one day to code more of them.

Kind regards