Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.198.49
Sign in to follow this  
ezd

How to auto reconnect after sleep

I'm using Arch and connect on startup to Airvpn. This works well if I leave my computer running all the time. 

Now I think it might come handy to suspend or hibernate or whatever it is you call it when your computer goes into some kind of sleep mode. If I do that and wake it up again I am obviously disconnected. So is there some smart setting that lets me automagically reconnect to my previous vpn service after I got disconnected?

Hello!

OpenVPN will try to do that by default, assuming that reconnection to the Internet is successful at the wake-up. You should check what happens to Internet connectivity when you wake up your computer.

Kind regards

Ok, I think I see where the problem is. I use the resolv.conf script as found here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/masterkorp/openvpn-update-resolv-conf/master/update-resolv-conf.sh However, I found that it adds my router to the list of ips and therefore fails dnsleaktest.org which will show my ISP. I resolved the DNS leak by removing my router's ip from the resolv.conf list. So once I disconnect I won't have an active connection. I get it. Is there a way to solve this painless in some way? Is there a chance to only allow a reconnect to airvpn ips?