Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.33.41
stupidcats

Does AirVPN log when it comes to the forums?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread but:

I know that AirVPN doesn't log when it comes to the VPN. However, does it log when it comes to the forums?

Do you know what IP I used yesterday (or any other day) to connect to the forums?

I'm surprised there has been no answer to this question. I'm also surprised more users have not expressed interest in knowing this .I thought this would gain some traction.

Staff can we please get a detailed answer as to these policies? Or perhaps a link to where they are previously stated if it has already been answered?

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!

I'm surprised there has been no answer to this question. I'm also surprised more users have not expressed interest in knowing this .I thought this would gain some traction.

Staff can we please get a detailed answer as to these policies? Or perhaps a link to where they are previously stated if it has already been answered?

Hello!

No, the forum software & scripts do not log IP addresses.

Kind regards

Expressing thoughts from when I read the original post on this thread:

MY concerns have always been (REALITY) that any data center can be monitored externally for all incoming IP's and such control is outside of AIR or any other provider as well.  Therefore a secure user might want to employ a partition of trust.  I suggest using one and always employ one.  e.g. - I am currently looking at a center REDBOX on this forum because it sees a TOR exit node even though I am bridged via AIR and other hops.  Who cares if someone sees an IP on a datacenter if they have no idea where you are going from there, even at the provider level of scope.

Just for addition: AirVPN uses Piwik, open source analytics software. I heard it has some quite interesting privacy options. As far as I know, one of these options, anonymization of IP addresses, is being used by AirVPN.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.