Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.222.12
Sign in to follow this  
bluesjunior

Installation Question?.

A year or two ago I found these forums and contemplated installing AirVPN then but I found an article on Immunicity and as all I really need such a program for is to download first showings of popular US tv shows and the occasional movie I just used Immunicity but found out today that it has been shut by the UK police. It appears though now that I may as well become a paying subscriber to your AirVPN which has received many favourable reviews.

But not being very PC savvy at 65 and not growing up with computers I have a few questions. My PC is running Windows 7 64bit and I connect to the internet through a Virgin Media hub running through my Buffalo Air Station WHR-G300N-V2 upgraded to DD-WRT and running the latest available update build 23720 from the Brainslayer link at the DD-WRT website. However I am unsure on where/how I should install and set up AirVPN.

Two years ago when I first thought about AirVPN if I remember correctly my router DD-WRT install at that time did not support OpenVPN and I was told here that was not a problem as I could install it through Windows. However today when I checked into the Settings in the router under Services it has two headings with an Enable and Disable option. The first says PPTP Server and underneath that one the second one says PPTP Client also with an option to Enable/Disable. At the side there is an info box which has three entries. Open VPN (General) - Open VPN Server/Daemon - OpenVPN Client. Eack of these entries has some technical jargon underneath which I don't understand.

My questions are does the above info mean that now I can install and run AirVPN through my router settings via the DD-WRT link or should I follow the Windows link in the install information screen here?.

Hello!

For a quick run, go for installation of Eddie client in your Windows system, it's much simpler. Nothing prevents you from configuring OpenVPN in your router in the future, should you need it some day.

With the same account, you can connect simultaneously up to three devices (to different VPN servers), so maybe you don't need a connection from your router.

By the way, instructions for DD-WRT are accessible by clicking "Enter" from the upper menu of our web site and then clicking the "DD-WRT" icon.

Kind regards

Thanks for the reply. I have taken a couple of screenshots of the Settings>OpenVPN screen in my router and it is different from another users that I saw in the DD-WRT install instructions posted here. I have posted them in the link below. Possibly you can tell me if they are no good, either way I will more than likely go for using your Eddie client. [/url]">http://PPTPClient.png

Hello,

you need a DD-WRT build which includes OpenVPN. After that, please follow the instructions here:

https://airvpn.org/ddwrt

If you can't or don't want to flash a DD-WRT build with OpenVPN in your router (for lack of memory for example) you can anyway connect directly with your computer, tablet, phone...

Kind regards

Thanks again for the reply. That's what I mean as far as I know I don't think there is a DD-WRT build with Open VPN for my router. If I install your Eddie program for windows it will run through my router anyway, is that correct?.

Thanks again for the reply. That's what I mean as far as I know I don't think there is a DD-WRT build with Open VPN for my router. If I install your Eddie program for windows it will run through my router anyway, is that correct?.

Hello!

Yes, that's correct.

Kind regards

I can't install the software. It gets stuck at the TAP driver. Last VPN service was  shambles and had me do all sorts of weird things, which I thing has screwed some stuff up.