Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.47.166
airman6

Port forward not working ?

Hello. I Port forwarded on AirVPN but e.g when I host a chat on AirVPN and port I forwarded it doesn't work. So do I need to forward my port "443" ? p.s my ip is dynamic.

I am having similar issues. I would love to learn the correct way to port forward (in my case for my bittorrent client and a remote for said client). The directions available on this site are kinda confusing. Okay really confusing. I can't even tell if I need to setup port forwarding on/in my router...

I am having similar issues. I would love to learn the correct way to port forward

Hello!

https://airvpn.org/faq/port_forwarding

(in my case for my bittorrent client and a remote for said client).

https://airvpn.org/topic/9170-do-you-allow-p2p-how-can-i-optimize-performance-of-emule-and-bittorrent-with-airvpn

The directions available on this site are kinda confusing. 

For any doubt do not hesitate to open a ticket.

Okay really confusing. I can't even tell if I need to setup port forwarding on/in my router...

We can read in above linked first FAQ answer:

IMPORTANT: do NOT forward on your router the same ports you use on your listening services while connected to the VPN. ...

We can also read in above linked second FAQ answer:

IMPORTANT: do NOT forward on your router the same ports you use on your Bittorrent or eMule client (or any other listening service) while connected to the VPN. ...

Can you tell us which part of the above sentences is really confusing?

Kind regards

I am able to get port forwarding working but I get the red warning that it may not be secure.  So I assume there is a more secure way to do it.  

I looked at the port forwarding page (https://airvpn.org/faq/port_forwarding/), and the last paragraph may hold the answer but the wording is not very clear on what it means.

IMPORTANT: do NOT forward on your router the same ports you use on your listening services while connected to the VPN. Doing so exposes your system to correlation attacks and potentially causes unencrypted packets to be sent outside the tunnel from your client.

I have pfSense connected to AirVPN for an always online VPN.  I have a service I want always to be accessible from the outside on a single port.  Is there a way to configure it so that I don't get the red warning when I check the port forwarding from the AirVPN portal?