Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.186.241
Staff

Eddie 2.2beta available

Mac OS X 10.9.3 and Eddie 2.2 downloaded today.

I am not able to login using my credentials.

I tried several times -->wrong login/password

My password is 68 caracters long and contains accents and capitals.

Could it be the problem ?

Hello!

Yes. Please proceed to reset your password and use a password with no more than 30 characters and with characters only included in the range [a-z], [A-Z] and [0-9]. Also make sure that you enter your username (and not the associated e-mail address).

Kind regards

greets,

some error on linux mint 17 while trying to connect (doesn't matter which port & protocol), tunnel driver failed to install:

I 2014.06.28 12:42:32 - AirVPN client version: 2.2, System: Linux, Architecture: x64
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - OpenVPN - Version: OpenVPN 2.3.2 (/usr/sbin/openvpn)
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - SSH - Version: OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2, OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014 (/usr/bin/ssh)
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - SSL - Version: stunnel 4.53 (/usr/bin/stunnel4)
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - IPV6: Available
! 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - Ready
! 2014.06.28 12:42:47 - Checking login ...
! 2014.06.28 12:42:48 - Logged in.
I 2014.06.28 12:42:51 - Session starting.
! 2014.06.28 12:42:51 - Checking environment
! 2014.06.28 12:43:15 - Installing tunnel driver
F 2014.06.28 12:43:15 - Driver installation failed.

connecting via openvpn network manager works fine, alle necessary packets should be installed. any solution available?

Hello!

In your system, does /dev/net/tun exist?

Kind regards

i'm not yet an linuxpro, but it exists (even though it says this file has 0 bytes).

Need to report an issue. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. The Mac client is configured to connect to recommended server. Under servers only the Hadar server is present in the whitelist. The client starts connecting and then the UI gets hung at a particular stage. The UI simply doesn't respond. Checking ipleak.net shows that I am connected to the VPN but I can't disconnect or reconnect as the UI is hung. Force killing the app doesn't help. I am still connected to the VPN. I need to kill the openvpn process explicitly and then reset the dns for my wifi adapter.

Anyway, I enabled Advanced mode under preferences. One of the things it does, is display debugish messages in the main screen of the app (the screen that has the connect button). I have noticed that everytime the app hangs, the debug message reads "Try to set dns for <adapter name>" or something to that effect. This laptop being a macbook pro there are three network adapters (Wifi, Thunderbolt, Bluetooth). The last two are not connected, even then the app tries to set the dns for it.

Is there a text log file somewhere on my system that I can attach here?

Hello!

Kind regards

I do have the same problem on openSUSE 13.1. I already asked for a solution in the thread to the previous version of Eddie. My log looks the same, driver installation failed.

/dev/net/tun does exist on my system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and keep up the good work!

greets,

some error on linux mint 17 while trying to connect (doesn't matter which port & protocol), tunnel driver failed to install:

I 2014.06.28 12:42:32 - AirVPN client version: 2.2, System: Linux, Architecture: x64
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - OpenVPN - Version: OpenVPN 2.3.2 (/usr/sbin/openvpn)
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - SSH - Version: OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2, OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014 (/usr/bin/ssh)
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - SSL - Version: stunnel 4.53 (/usr/bin/stunnel4)
I 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - IPV6: Available
! 2014.06.28 12:42:33 - Ready
! 2014.06.28 12:42:47 - Checking login ...
! 2014.06.28 12:42:48 - Logged in.
I 2014.06.28 12:42:51 - Session starting.
! 2014.06.28 12:42:51 - Checking environment
! 2014.06.28 12:43:15 - Installing tunnel driver
F 2014.06.28 12:43:15 - Driver installation failed.

connecting via openvpn network manager works fine, alle necessary packets should be installed. any solution available?

Hello!

Kind regards

i'm not yet an linuxpro, but it exists (even though it says this file has 0 bytes).

Hello!

This question is @wer too.

Can you please send us the output of the command (issued from a shell):

cat /dev/net/tun

while your system is not connected to the VPN, and while it is (via network-manager)?

Kind regards

Hello!

Yes. Please proceed to reset your password and use a password with no more than 30 characters and with characters only included in the range [a-z], [A-Z] and [0-9]. Also make sure that you enter your username (and not the associated e-mail address).

Kind regards

Hello and thanks. Will this be fixed in a future release ? (i.e. possibility to use special caracters in passwords ?)

Hi and thanks for the update.

Eddie 2.2 is up and running on my opensuse Gnome box. Connection times are quicker, connect at start up works well and etc/resolv/conf is successfully edited to AIR DNS with DNS switch renaming enabled.

​Have also had the same positive experience on Ubuntu 14.04 and Mint 17.

​Looking forward to the next release

Same error on ubuntu gnome 14.04:   

Installing tunnel driver

Driver installation failed.

cat /dev/net/tun gives file: invalid setup

and errors with filedescriptor error.

connected via the terminal gives same error.

Same error on ubuntu gnome 14.04:   

Installing tunnel driver

Driver installation failed.

cat /dev/net/tun gives file: invalid setup

and errors with filedescriptor error.

connected via the terminal gives same error.

Hello!

Thank you very much. There's probably a bug in Eddie, it will be fixed in the next release.

Kind regards

Mint 17 LTS.

I have been mostly pleased with beta 2.2. Installed easily and took care of any dependencies. Connecting to different servers has been seamless so far. Watching a world cup game via UK-based TV stream was a poor experience despite AIrVPN's apparent server capacity but that might also be due to streaming server struggling.

One issue though. I closed the computer last time with a few programs still idle. Typically they (native GTK-based session-aware apps) are restored fully in next session. This time I had also left Gufw and Eddie beta v2.2 (logged out) running idle. When the desktop came up after restart Eddie's window was completely corrupted and unresponsive. Top showed a couple of startup entries and a dozen mono-airvpn instances and trying to kill them via top only worked in couple of instances but the rest were stuck solid. Only (sudo) killall -9 mono cleared out the zombies. Next time Eddie v.2.2 started up fine. This could be a mono issue but something that could confound someone even newbier than me.

Second minor issue is probably a feature instead. At the login screen Eddie only remembers (when option checked) credentials until the app is closed. (edit:  verified after reboot that credentials are actually remembered when asked.)

It's looking good and I'm looking forward to the next release with even more features. I would recommend the Linux version already as-is to anyone.

Windows 7 32bit version is looping connect/disconnect after "checking route" 

Eddie 2.2 beta

Edit: Apparently not supported for Windows 8 RT, although I will confirm this, when changed to TCP from the default UDP, Eddie 2.2 connects without looping on Windows 8 RT. 

Hello,

Windows RT edition runs on ARM. What hardware do you use? A Surface tablet?

AirVPN client is bundled with binary compiled for x86, not ARM.

Kind regards

Hi,

Noticed Eddie 2.2 is considerably slower than the original client and Eddie.

Running Win7. Connected to Canadian servers. Haven't tried other countries. Server shows 0 time difference. Happens with at any time.

Getting erors in the log. . 2014.07.03 07:03:12 - OpenVPN > Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #1831999 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

I can list full log if nessesary.

Mint 17:

I have now had Eddie v2.2 beta die a couple of times in a week in the background without me noticing anything, except when I want to bring up the app it's gone, with only openvpn process left (visible in top). The vpn session still kept going with external firewall proofing.

When I started Eddie again and went to select servers based on latency they were the opposite what I was expecting. The original openvpn session linked overseas was still running and Air (Eddie) was giving me data as if I was overseas as well, with the fastest latency starting from the low 200ms'.

Just for fun I tried to connect to an actual geographically nearby server (now +500ms) and Eddie gave me "OpenVPN is already running" warning. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I couldn't easily kill the running openvpn process to start afresh.

After reboot I tried logging into Air again but now Eddie was stuck "checking authorization" until I'd eventually cancel the effort. Cancelling login took nearly a minute to take effect and at the end it briefly showed successful login (connecting, checking route, disconnecting) before ending it and returning to startup status.

If it's Air's backend issues then Eddie should maybe handle them more graciously.

After some 20 minutes and over half a dozen tries I got logged onto a server but routing was off and Eddie's overview was now stuck showing "waiting for latency tests". I think the universe is trying to tell me to try again later.

edit: half an hour later Eddie connects again although connecting to nearby servers took unusually long time. It may be that the first issue of client dying was caused by some backend issues.

edit2: Eddie vanished again the next day sometime within few hours of first starting but the openvpn session kept running fine. Only firewall and qBT were also running.  Initial logging in was slow at maybe 2 mins or so and this was the third server/country I've tried since yesterday so something's not completely smooth here.

Any suggestion on how to stop the running openvpn session gracefully so I could restart Eddie and regain some control over the session again?

Hello,

Looking at the release notes, it is stated that 2.3 beta was released yesterday, but the download page still points to version 2.2... Has version 2.3 beta actually been released and if so, where can it be downloaded from? Thanks...

Hello!

It will be available in our web

Hello,

Looking at the release notes, it is stated that 2.3 beta was released yesterday, but the download page still points to version 2.2... Has version 2.3 beta actually been released and if so, where can it be downloaded from? Thanks...

Hello!

Version 2.3 is ready, it will be available for download in our web site in the next hours.

Kind regards