Not connected, Your IP: 3.87.133.69
Sign in to follow this  
Gaechka

XMPP/Jitsi problems on Linux Mint with AirVPN

Hello,

I have a strange problem:

I'm using Linux Mint 17 (Cinnamon, 64-bit), no firewall settings applied.

After connecting to AirVPN through the network-manager (using .ovpn config file imported) or using "Eddie 2.1 (Portable)" I cannot connect to my Jabber/XMPP profiles (i have two different profiles on two different jabber-servers, including Jitsi). I have tried Pidgin, Gajim and Jitsi. Pidgin cannot login into my accout, Gajim is seems to be connected but no one can see me logged in and I don't see any contacts online, and I cannot send/receive any messages - so I'm accually offline. When I am connected to Jitsi/XMPP account I can see other contacts and they can see me, but I cannot send messages only receive them and I cannot make/receive any calls. In all cases, when I use "Net Activity Viewer" application I see that there is a connection established from local address 10.4.x.x to a jabber-server on a remote port 5222 but still I cannot communicate. I have also tried to flush iptables settings just to be sure - it didn't help.

// Just to be clear - I try to connect to XMPP after I have established AirVPN connection. Everything else working but XMPP.

When I'm disconnected from AirVPN everything works just fine.

//  I was using AirVPN under Windows 7 and everything was working (with Comodo anti-leaking Global Rules applied).

To be 100% sure, I have tried a clean install of Linux Mint 16 and 17 (both Cinnamon, 64-bit) on a flash drive. The problem repeated.

There is more: I have tried to boot from Linux Mint Debian Edition (from a flash drive with installation iso image written on it) - there was NO problem connecting to XMPP accounts under AirVPN connection (using Eddie 2.1 Portable!

I just don't know what to think about all of this... some kind of a mystery.

I am having the same problem with jitsi once connected to airvpn through eddie2.6 and the iptables changes made through it while connected. Yesturday I could see contacts, but contacts could not see me. I sent messages, but they did not receive them. Today i cannot see any contacts. Strange it is.

I am having the same problem with jitsi once connected to airvpn through eddie2.6 and the iptables changes made through it while connected. Yesturday I could see contacts, but contacts could not see me. I sent messages, but they did not receive them. Today i cannot see any contacts. Strange it is.

I have started to use Linux Mint Debian Edition instead of Ubuntu-based Mint to avoid these problems with XMPP communication. Now Jitsi, Pidgin and Gajim are working without any problems.