Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.12.172
waterfall

World cup stream

I live in the US. We have terrible World Cup coverage here so I usually use CBC.ca. I set up a Canadian VPN via Air, currently Hoedus, but it seems a bit slow and so I am wondering how the stream will hold up tomorrow. (I wonder is Comcast is throttling me...the Earth connection is slow too, currently finding Megrez to be tolerable though.)

Any suggestions out there for another free, stable English language stream that I can access via faster Air connect?

Go Argentina!

I live in the US. We have terrible World Cup coverage here so I usually use CBC.ca. I set up a Canadian VPN via Air, currently Hoedus, but it seems a bit slow and so I am wondering how the stream will hold up tomorrow. (I wonder is Comcast is throttling me...the Earth connection is slow too, currently finding Megrez to be tolerable though.) Any suggestions out there for another free, stable English language stream that I can access via faster Air connect? Go Argentina!

Hi,

I think itv.com (UK) could be a good solution for you. It is available from every server (via double hop) so you should even be able to watch it using US servers. Of course, I don't know about how it will work compared to Canadian TV. Maybe you are being throttled...?

Any updates on what streams are you guys using? ITV doesn't seem to be showing any of the group 16 matches currently on. CBC.ca is showing the matches, but we need to connect to a Canadian server. And the canadian servers are very slow for me. I have tried different port/protocols, but I getting only half the speeds I get without the VPN. A speedtest.net test to a canadian server (when not connected to the VPN) gives full speeds. However when connected to the VPN, it drops to less than half. ITV worked well for the matches it did show.

Are there other sites that offer streams in English? I tried the US ESPN websites but they all require registration with local addresses and it seems like too much trouble.

Hello!

Hoedus has a problematic line, we often detect 20-30% packet loss from many nodes, including USA ones. We're investigating, in the meantime please connect to Dheneb or Thabit (apparently Cephei and Lesath are blocked by cbc.ca).

Kind regards

I think ITV has been showing one of the two daily last-16 games, but the stream was horribly slow through the two UK servers I tried. Any ideas?

The BBC iplayer stream tended to be quite good although the stream needed to restarted, or the page reloaded, every now and then to restore its performance.

I sometimes watch the world cup stream with german commentary over ARD/ZDF. They're not aviable outside Germany, though connecting to a german server unblocks the streams.

The more interesting part is that I had to periodically reload the page to restore HD quality. If I view it while disconnected from AirVPN HD is always there, without any problems..

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Just a quick update. I've been watching footie in Brazil via Carinae (UK) and BBC iplayer and it's been just perfect today. No constant buffering and occasional restarting the stream. Just awesome.

@Staff, yes, Dheneb and Thabit seem to provide much better speeds.

I have pretty much given up on being able to watch high quality streams. I have a 4Mbps connection. I can watch HD videos on Vimeo without buffering. This lead me to believe that maybe I could watch HD streams of live football. I have tried three different providers (itv/cbc, local tv provider, another tv channel specific to my country), but with each one all I got was low quality occasionally blurry streams. I get proper download speeds whether I am on or off the VPN (when downloading big files). When streaming football, the network consumption is spiky. For a few seconds there will be incoming data at 4Mbps, then no data for around 10 seconds and then again some data at full speeds for a few seconds. The stream quality switches from acceptable to blurry (unwatchable). Is there anything I can do to improve the situation (4Mbps is the max speed my ISP offers).

@encrypted, I was unable to find any program listing for football on the ITV player site. As per the news articles (http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-2014-fifa-world-cup-3507851, http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/14/world-cup-2014-tv-schedule_n_5322219.html) BBC/ITV were only telecasting the league stage matches. 

The losers' final BRA-HOL is on ITV (link - asks for a UK postcode for the area, google finds them) and the stream via UK servers Nunki and Carinae is stop and go even though it should only take around 70-80 Kbps to work without interruptions.

Anyone with better luck?