Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.244.182
usbmux

AirVPN Traffic Splitting (Tomato Device)

Hello!

after setting up AirVPN within my Tomato device - everything was working as expected, all the traffic was passing through the AirVPN Service. 

The following settings are applied: https://airvpn.org/tomato/

However, AirVPN is a huge bottleneck for my connection - and i would like to pass only traffic to specific hosts through the service such as NetFlix for example. After skimming the web how to achieve this - found this article listed here: http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/route-only-specific-ports-through-vpn-openvpn.37240/

So what i was looking for seems achievable - and there is a script to include within my "WAN Up" section of the Tomato Device (attached this script within this post). 

However when the WAN starts - the script loads up well (checked this by querying the iptables from the router itself, iptables -t mangle -L PREROUTING) 

Still all the traffic is passing through the AirVPN Service - is there something which i might be forgetting? or maybe i need to alter my OpenVPN config on my device?

any assistance would be appreciated. 

-- um

script-wanup.txt

Hello!

The script is working correctly: all the traffic is tunneled. If you want to split traffic with this script, then you forgot to de-comment one of the key lines :D See here:

#
# Define the routing policies for the traffic. The rules will be applied in the order that they
# are listed. In the end, packets with MARK set to "0" will pass through the VPN. If MARK is set
# to "1" it will bypass the VPN.
#
# EXAMPLES:
#
#  All LAN traffic will bypass the VPN (Useful to put this rule first, so all traffic bypasses the VPN and you can configure exceptions afterwards)
#    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -j MARK --set-mark 1
#  Ports 80 and 443 will bypass the VPN
#    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp -m multiport --dport 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark 1
#  All traffic from a particular computer on the LAN will use the VPN
#    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.2 -j MARK --set-mark 0
#  All traffic to a specific Internet IP address will use the VPN
#    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --dst-range 216.146.38.70 -j MARK --set-mark 0
#  All UDP and ICMP traffic will bypass the VPN
#    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp -j MARK --set-mark 1
#    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p icmp -j MARK --set-mark 1

Kind regards

It is uncommented further below:

# By default all traffic bypasses the VPN
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -j MARK --set-mark 1

# Spotify explicitly uses the VPN
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --dst-range 78.31.8.1-78.31.15.254 -j MARK --set-mark 0
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --dst-range 193.182.8.1-193.182.15.254 -j MARK --set-mark 0

Yes they are - should i amend my OpenVPN Client configuration on my Tomato device? 

Options like: Firewall (Custom?) or create NAT on tunnel? or redirect internet traffic?