Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.124.168
Sign in to follow this  
rogue

LMDE connection attempts time out after the upgrade.

Hey there all,

I am having a hard time trying to connect to any server since the update.

Prior to the update I never had problems of any sort with my service, and am hoping for some guidance in the way of what I should do to establish connectivity. A quick check of the boards yielded no information I could use, and it would seem I am the only person suffering thusly.

I was online and connected to the VPN when the update forcibly removed my connection (I had no idea about the update), and primarily use an LMDE system pointing to the Linux Mint Debian Latest repository for updates. I am on a fully updated update pack 8.

Is it something that I am doing/not doing?

Hello!

You need to re-generate the files with our Configuration Generator. Configuration, certificates and keys have changed. We're sorry you were not aware of the upgrade, we spread the information well in advance via PM, personal e-mail, forum, Twitter and Facebook, we could not do anything more.

Kind regards

Hello!

You need to re-generate the files with our Configuration Generator. Configuration, certificates and keys have changed. We're sorry you were not aware of the upgrade, we spread the information well in advance via PM, personal e-mail, forum, Twitter and Facebook, we could not do anything more.

Kind regards

Sorry I didn't say this in my initial post, but I've regenerated the config files 3 times, changed my password once, and rebooted about 5 times lol.

You guys rock, btw. I started using AirVPN immediately after that hidemy@ss nonsense a couple of years ago and have been spreading the word to some of my friends about your great service ever since.

I'll go through the whole process and recreate the config files more carefully in case there is something that I missed.

Also, I recall being advised to use LZO compression, and I see now that the language on that page is now gone. Is LZO compression no longer being advised for connections in Linux?

Ok, well I got it to go, but by going back to terminal and using the command line. There's always something going on with Network Manager, it seems, that, of course, has nothing to do with you guys.

When's that native Linux client coming?!

Thanks for your speedy response!