Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.150.175
Staff

New payment gateways implemented: Avangate and Coinbase

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that new payment gateways have been implemented: Coinbase and Avangate.

With Coinbase you have yet another, comfortable way to pay with Bitcoin, while Avangate supports many credit cards. For a list of supported cards, please see https://airvpn.org/plans

Kind regards & datalove

AirVPN Staff

Excellent news. What is their policy on prepaid VISAs? I tried to look it up, but I couldn't find any information on this. I'm sure many others would like to know this as well.

Excellent news. What is their policy on prepaid VISAs? I tried to look it up, but I couldn't find any information on this. I'm sure many others would like to know this as well.

Avangate works with at least one prepaid visa, they seem to be more "friendly" than paypal.

Let me ask a straight forward question that's not consider defamatory.

How can anonymity be kept if even prepaid Visa or MasterCard cannot be used for international transfers without having to register with Visa or MasterCard, requiring full personal detail verification including government issued ID?

Avangate will accept prepaid, but they have to be fully registered before an international purchase can be made. So no better than regular credit card or PayPal!

Second question:

Is AirVPN required to provide usage logs of a customer who's payment details are stored by Avangate or other institutions?

Nothing defamatory, just questions.

Thanks.

Moderator note

(Duplicate FUD content already written and answered in https://airvpn.org/topic/10088-is-there-any-advantage-to-not-using-paypal-and-instead-bitcoin-if-connecting-to-airvpn-directly/?do=findComment&comment=17990

Additional defamatory content removed )

Let me ask a straight forward question that's not consider defamatory.

How can anonymity be kept if even prepaid Visa or MasterCard cannot be used for international transfers without having to register with Visa or MasterCard, requiring full personal detail verification including government issued ID?

Hello!

We're glad to see that you removed defamatory contents in your post.

This is false. Avangate requires that information only for suspect transactions and only if you can't provide the transaction ID. Remember that by contract and international agreements any seller has the full right to require exhibition of an official ID card for ANY credit card transaction and has the right to decline any transaction. This is also very important for an online service in order to prevent, as much as possible, frauds.

If that does not satisfy you but you wish anyway to use our service, do not use Avangate as payment processor: pay with credit card through PayPal, or even better just use BitCoin, it's there exactly to provide a payment method with much higher privacy.

Is AirVPN required to provide usage logs of a customer who's payment details are stored by Avangate or other institutions?

Assuming that "who's" means "whose" the answer is no. Otherwise the sentence is not understandable so no answer can be given.

Kind regards