Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.147.190

Hi,

since today I cannot reach the website "n-tv.de" (German news TV channel).

I have a second PC that does NOT run AirVPN, but connects directly to the internet (same router) and there I can see the website in my browser.

I tried both FireFox & IE, but both cannot display the website anymore. I can ping it though: "ping n-tv.de" gets a response.

A also tried to connect my browser to the IP adress (217.118.169.213), but this also only worked on the PC that does NOT use AirVPN.

Could somebody please explain what may cause this?

Thanks,

Greyzy

I am using a german exit server and i can see n-tv.de. the live stream however is influenced by possible add-ons you have installed in your FF.

is the problem persisting?

Verified connection problem with Velorum, DE.

According to the check routes feature, many servers can't connect to n-tv.de...

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I am using a german exit server and i can see n-tv.de. the live stream however is influenced by possible add-ons you have installed in your FF.

is the problem persisting?

Hi,

I can switch my AirVPN server and it doesn't matter if I use a German one or i.e. SERPENTIS in Sweden. I cannot reach the website.

It also doesn't matter if I use FF or IE.

Any ideas if this is a AirVPN problem or somehow related to my PC?

Thanks,

Greyzy

Verified connection problem with Velorum, DE.

According to the check routes feature, many servers can't connect to n-tv.de...

I just used that check and it showed that CASTOR has a connection (all my usual servers do NOT). SO I changed the server to CASTOR and voila! I could connect to the website.

Can somebody please explain what is going on here?

Thanks,

Greyzy

I just checked the not blocked Wezen, DE, and I can view n-tv.de...

Please try out Wezen, DE, and report.

I just checked the not blocked Wezen, DE, and I can view n-tv.de...

Please try out Wezen, DE, and report.

Please see my above post. CASTOR works.

So what happens now? Can AirVPN do anything about this issue?

Thanks,

Greyzy

Ooooh damn, I read couldn't.. I'm very sorry.

Okay, so what happens? It's mostly temporary blocks because of too many requests in a given time span. Some blocks are a direct result of AirVPN's exit IP's appearances in IP or DNS blocklists or even TOR exit lists. A few people make use of those lists.

Okay, so what happens? It's mostly temporary blocks because of too many requests in a given time span. Some blocks are a direct result of AirVPN's exit IP's appearances in IP or DNS blocklists or even TOR exit lists. A few people make use of those lists.

No problem!

But what am I supposed to do now? Will that problem go away (why should it???)? Will AirVPN do something about it?

Thanks for making that more clear to me!

Greyzy

Ooooh damn, I read couldn't.. :D I'm very sorry.

No problem! ;)

But what am I supposed to do now? Will that problem go away (why should it???)? Will AirVPN do something about it?

Greyzy

Hello!

We need to study the problem. If the web site blocks in any case multiple accesses from the same IP address it's a problem to be evaluated carefully. It's also a problem on their (n-tv) side, because nowadays NATs are used not only by us in order to provide a stronger anonymity layer, but also by thousands of ISPs due to the fact that IPv4 addresses have been exhausted since some time ago. Therefore, generally speaking, it's an idiotic decision to bar an IPv4 address because there are multiple accesses from the same IP address. It's a decision that harms the service itself.

In the meantime, Wezen and Castor are still working, so you can connect them.

Kind regards

No problem!

Greyzy

Hello!

We need to study the problem. If the web site blocks in any case multiple accesses from the same IP address it's a problem to be evaluated carefully. It's also a problem on their (n-tv) side, because nowadays NATs are used not only by us in order to provide a stronger anonymity layer, but also by thousands of ISPs due to the fact that IPv4 addresses have been exhausted since some time ago. Therefore, generally speaking, it's an idiotic decision to bar an IPv4 address because there are multiple accesses from the same IP address. It's a decision that harms the service itself.

In the meantime, Wezen and Castor are still working, so you can connect them.

Kind regards

Is there anything I could do? Would it help if I contacted n-tv.de in some way?

Thanks,

Greyzy