Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.83.145
Sign in to follow this  
senshi

Prevent leak by changing DNS in OS?

Hi guys,

I've stumbled onto a short tutorial which another VPN Provider listed on his homepage and was wondering if anyone of you tried this and if AirVPN staff can confirm this is indeed working well as it seems like a very easy fix:

Change DNS in OS on all Interfaces (LAN, WLAN) to non-existent-IP 127.127.127.127 when connected to VPN. No matter which DNS requests your router does but you would simply "disable" it on OS level. The VPN would push all DNS requests through the VPN adapter (and VPN provider uses its own DNS) and if no other DNS entries exist inside the OS, a DNS leak would not occur.

Now doing this manually every time is a pita. (going to LAN/WLAN connection, and changing properties in TCP/ipv4) So if anyone could write two batch scripts for Windows users (and Linux respectively) would be great.

Yes, though I'd prefer to use non-existent DNS since this is the most secure setup.

Is there also a way to have it automatically run with the air vpn dialer?

Beside that, when will the new eddy dialer be published? (I assume that one would then take care of this)

Thanks.