Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.62.42
Staff

New service to check your torrent IP address

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that we now provide a service to detect data provided by your torrent client, similar to the service provided by checkmytorrentip, through our http://ipleak.net web site (just click "Activate" under "Detected torrent address").

To detect data from your torrent client we provide a magnet link to a fake file. The magnet contains an http url of a controlled by us tracker (in http, not udp) which archives the information coming from the torrent client and displays them to you. The procedure can take up to 20-30 seconds, so do not close the web page for some time after you have started the torrent client, in order to allow the test to be completed.

Enjoy the service when you need it! :)

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

When I checked I got the Air exit node..... I'm curious how the IPV6 address, shown after the exit address, effects privacy? Is the IPV6 address mine or Air's? I have to admit I know very little about IPV6 and privacy going forward in this new internet frontier. Thanks.

Edited ... by the1bobcat

I have IPV6 completly disabled, so hopefully this is some kind of coding from air? Would be nice to have a comment on it :-)

Why has the site been "under maintenance" for 3-4 days with no alternative???

Hello!

The web site is under maintenance since 2 days ago because it needs maintenance (a bug must be resolved). It will be available again when the maintenance is over.

Kind regards

Me neither,I tried to copy and paste the magnet link into my torrent client,I guess there is more to it than that though?

I hadn't realized the service was provided by AirVPN. Many of us may abhor excessive advertising, but perhaps a little "Service provided by AirVPN" notice at the top would be in order.

By the way, why isn't the site supporting HTTPS?

Thank you for creating this service. However, like the previous poster, I'm concerned that it doesn't use HTTPS. It would be wonderful if you could implement that, with support for PFS and HSTS.

When I try to download the magnet link it says:

"Waiting for DDB initialization...

Searching...
Metadata download created
Trying secondary lookup service
Found 0
Secondary lookup failed: no sources found
Error :  no sources found for torrent"

... and I can't download the file. Is this a problem on my end? (same thing a few days ago also).

@BreathingAir

Hello,

you don't need to download anything, just copy the magnet link and paste it into your torrent client. Wait for the results in the web site, by refreshing the page (updated every 10 seconds).

Kind regards

Guest JWW

@BreathingAir

Hello,

you don't need to download anything, just copy the magnet link and paste it into your torrent client. Wait for the results in the web site, by refreshing the page (updated every 10 seconds).

Kind regards

As reported by BreathingAir and by me in another recent post, this does not work at all with the latest version of Vuze. (I'm assuming BreathingAir is using Vuze as those are the exact same errors I get. Vuze eventually gives up, removes the torrent and meanwhile ipleak reports nothing.

As reported by BreathingAir and by me in another recent post, this does not work at all with the latest version of Vuze. (I'm assuming BreathingAir is using Vuze as those are the exact same errors I get. Vuze eventually gives up, removes the torrent and meanwhile ipleak reports nothing.

Ah right, yes I was using Vuze. I have now tried it with Tixati client and it works.

Guest JWW

It does indeed work with Tixati and I've been a Tixati fan for some years. Vuze delivers better download speeds for me however and, as far as I know, is the only Bittorrent client that allows you to bind your connection to a specific adaptor, i.e. the 'TAP Windows Adaptor v9' used by Air. This means that if your VPN connection drops for any reason, the download will stop. When/If the VPN connection resumes, so will the download. If you use this in conjunction with RC4 encryption in Vuze your torrenting, IMO, is as a tight as the proverbial duck's rear orifice.

However, it's a shame ipleak doesn't appear to cooperate with Vuze.