Not connected, Your IP: 44.199.212.254
gbr10

ANSWERED Alternative to checkmytorrentip

checkmytorrentip.com and their tracker has been down for a couple days now.

Anyone knows an alternative to this service? I found it very useful and straightforward.

Perhaps another way to find out my ip visible to the peers.

Thanks.

I would like to see another site.  Can Airvpn.org provide something like this?  It really helps us track when connection are dropped and so on

Thanks

checkmytorrentip.com and their tracker has been down for a couple days now.

Anyone knows an alternative to this service? I found it very useful and straightforward.

Perhaps another way to find out my ip visible to the peers.

Thanks.

Look up your IP with a browser. OpenVPN routes all traffic through the tunnel and since torrent clients and browsers both are part of the application layer (OSI model) it doesn't matter which one does the IP lookup, the result will be the same - unless you defined a proxy in the torrent client settings. Then you'd need checkmytorrentip.com.

Unfortunately I don't know any alternatives. I once searched for this, too, but was only able to find links to checkmytorrentip.com.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that we now provide a service to detect data provided by your torrent client, similar to the service provided by checkmytorrentip, through our http://ipleak.net web site (just click "Activate" under "Detected torrent address").

To detect data from your torrent client we provide a magnet link to a fake file. The magnet contains an http url of a controlled by us tracker (in http, not udp) which archives the information coming from the torrent client and displays them to you. The procedure can take up to 20-30 seconds, so do not close the web page for some time after you have started the torrent client, in order to allow the test to be completed.

Enjoy the service when you need it! :)

Kind regards

We're very glad to inform you that we now provide a service to detect data provided by your torrent client, similar to the service provided by checkmytorrentip, through our http://ipleak.net web site (just click "Activate" under "Detected torrent address").

Brilliant! And it's more comfortable than checkmytorrentip.com!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thank you! One more feature and released in record time!

I have one question though, before, I used to see the re-routed ip address (used to bypass some tracker blockages) and now I'm seeing my "normal" AirVPN IP.

This means that the traffic is no longer being re-routed? Or that isn't the actual IP that the trackers are seeing?

Hello!

Enjoy the service when you need it!

Kind regards

Air VPN continues to impress! Air is definitely my favorite VPN service.

Thank you! One more feature and released in record time!

I have one question though, before, I used to see the re-routed ip address (used to bypass some tracker blockages) and now I'm seeing my "normal" AirVPN IP.

This means that the traffic is no longer being re-routed? Or that isn't the actual IP that the trackers are seeing?

Hello!

Well, the traffic to trackers is re-routed on some servers and not on others. To ipleak.net the traffic is not re-routed by any server, so you should always see the VPN server exit-IP address. We tend not to announce publicly such re-routing operations for some good reasons. The important thing, anyway, is that you never see your real IP address during the test.

Kind regards

It's not working for me , when i click on the magnet link it displays web page cannot be found.

What am i doing wrong

Add this Magnet Link to your torrent client and wait for the results below.

No data just now from the above magnet url.

Updated every 10 seconds. Last update: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:19:36 +0000. Refresh , View/Hide