Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.125.171
Sign in to follow this  
SaveSnowden

Singapore servers are extremely slow!!!!

For the last week or so Singapore servers have been running extremely slow. It takes 1 minute to resolve and display a simple website like airvpn.org. I have never had problems with it before, but lately it is unacceptably slow for even normal text browsing. Before anyone tells me to check my settings, my settings have never changed, so this is definitely a problem on the remote end, not on my end. Is my connection being throttled by AirVPN? Server troubles? NSA?

There is definitely something wrong. If I set my VPN gateway to sg.vpn.airdns.org then I end up connecting to 119.81.44.144, which has extremely slow performance. To access google.com takes about 30 seconds, most of the time is spent resolving the domain name. Strangely enough trying to access airvpn.org from that server refuses to resolve and after 2 minutes it just drops the connection. I can access other websites but they are extremely slow. Now if I set my VPN gateway to 119.81.1.123 (Puppis) then things work fine. Still a little bit slow but definitely not as bad. Looking at the status page, all the servers seem to have a high latency listed (while I'm currently connected to Puppis):

https://airvpn.org/status/

Columbae: 2385 ms

Megrez: 2147 ms

Puppis: 2306 ms

etc In fact all of the servers are showing 2000-4000ms. The individual status page reporting latency by locations is showing 200+ms ping for users from all locations.

Hello,

we do not detect any problem on Singapore servers, is there any feedback from customers living in some Asian country? Feel free to post!

Kind regards

(Throwaway account - Moderator feel free to delete account after this post.)

Can confirm the following slowdowns on Singapore ISPs using all ports including SSL tunnelling:

[Fixed line] Singapore Telecommunications: Downloads from all servers slowing to 1 mbps from 30-35 mbps, uploads unaffected remaining at approx. 30 mbps, slight latency increase from 40 to 60 ms

[Cellular] Singapore Telecommunications: Downloads from all servers slowing to 1 mbps from 10-20 mbps (physical layer limits), uploads unaffected, slight latency increase from 40 to 60 ms

Hello!

Therefore Singapore Telecommunications seems to be applying traffic shaping only on download, not on upload.

Kind regards

Is there any chances that you could change the period "sg.vpn.airdns.org" ip to other designated ip.It seem that my isp throttle connection to that particular ip.My normal connection to sg server is at 35-40% packetloss,but at +- 250ms on other server.I love the sg server since Im from asia.Same goes to hong kong server

Would you mind to try an US server, despite high ping, and tell us if you got the same download throttle? It could also be a peering issue with Leaseweb